Big Surprise After Debarkation!

Mommabear2Five

We just got of the Carnival Sunshine this morning and were met with a big surprise - My oldest son, who proposed to his amazing girlfriend on 2/10, booked a wedding cruise on the Carnival Elation - THIS AUGUST!

When we left on the crusie last week, they were set to get married on a beach in St. Augustine, but after spending a few days on the phone with their PVP, they decided to do it aboard a ship! Their wedding and reception will actually take place in port on embarkation day to allow for any guests that would like to attend but cannot join the cruise.

My only problem now is fitting in a 5 day cruise between now and my 7 day on Magic in December!

Congratulations!!! That is awesome! Another excuse to cruise........:')

Hey, if you can afford it, and have the vacation time, GO FOR IT!

Plus, you HAVE to be there! You are the mother of the groom!

Congrats again! Enjoy!

Thank you!

There's no way I'm missing this. What amazing is it will be the first time all 5 of my kiddos will be on the same cruise.

My brother and sister-in-law got married on the Imagination 2 years ago, it was fantastic! Everyone with the wedding got to board first, and I mean first - literally - it felt fantastic! We got on at about 10:30, We had time to go to our room, grab a bite on the Lido deck, and then meet at the wedding venue at about 12:45. Their wedding was at 1pm. The ceremony was 30 minutes and then we headed to the dining room for a delicious meal - it consisted of a few items I have still never seen on one of my cruises, so not sure if they have special wedding fare?

It was so much fun seeing family on board throughout the cruise though not really scheduled to do anything together. In the day/s after the wedding, the new couple shot video and question answering around the ship. Though (I'm sure) pricey, the video and photo books the Carnival team put together were amazing - I recommend getting them!

I wanted to cruise for a long time but never did, their wedding was the push and we've been hooked ever since! Enjoy your wedding cruise!

We were married on the Imagination 10yrs ago. Absolutely the best!!! Everything was perfect and stress free. The Wedding dept goes above and beyond. We had 27 family and friends with us and wouldn't have changed a thing. Enjoy!!