Carnival Glory Construction Cruise

outrigger#863

That's horrible. I would request at least a 50% refund from Carnival. If no refund, I'd charge it back on the credit card. They did not provide the advertised services and experience.

While what happened on the OPs cruise was inexcusable. good luck with trying to do a charge back on the credit card for it. You paid for a cruise and were provided with one. Outside of that the cruise contract gives them the ability to change the embarkation and debarkation days, locations; ports, any and all ship services. As long as you got to go on a "cruise" think you are out of luck on any legal battle over what was provided. I doubt very much your cc will agree to a chargeback.

While, I sympathize with the OP...We just got off the Victory on Friday and that was the WORST CRUISE EVER. They too are doing construction. Re-doing rooms while at Sea. While we got a very nice updated room, they were doing the rooms above us (Deck 9) and we would wake up to pounding, sawing, dropping things starting at 6 AM!!! That was not relaxing at all. They had clearance to do work 24/7. It was even worse on the balcony because we could hear it even more. Carnival did not ONCE mention any construction to us or give us the option to cancel, which we would have knowing the construction was RIGHT UNDER US. Crew on the Victory called it "wet dock". It is so sad Carnival has to be greedy and sail ships while there is working being done. People are not paying to vacation in construction zones. This was probably my last CCL for AWHILE. As you can see, I am booked on Royal and Norwegian next. Had a fantastic time on Princess in December, so looking forward to what other lines offer. Oh, and I should mention, the Victory was our re scheduled cruise from the Libery back in November being canceled. Carnival is 2/2 for now!

While, I sympathize with the OP...We just got off the Victory on Friday and that was the WORST CRUISE EVER. They too are doing construction. Re-doing rooms while at Sea. While we got a very nice updated room, they were doing the rooms above us (Deck 9) and we would wake up to pounding, sawing, dropping things starting at 6 AM!!! That was not relaxing at all. They had clearance to do work 24/7. It was even worse on the balcony because we could hear it even more. Carnival did not ONCE mention any construction to us or give us the option to cancel, which we would have knowing the construction was RIGHT UNDER US. Crew on the Victory called it "wet dock". It is so sad Carnival has to be greedy and sail ships while there is working being done. People are not paying to vacation in construction zones. This was probably my last CCL for AWHILE. As you can see, I am booked on Royal and Norwegian next. Had a fantastic time on Princess in December, so looking forward to what other lines offer. Oh, and I should mention, the Victory was our re scheduled cruise from the Libery back in November being canceled. Carnival is 2/2 for now!

Sad when they would care so little about their customers to treat them this way

Hmmm.

We were on the cruise just prior to this one (so second to last).

The tear down of the slides was already underway when we boarded.

We knew the ship was soon going into drydock, so we expected some work to be going on. The cruise was also priced right considering.

None of the work bothered us in the least, but we had an OV on deck 2...so pretty far from the noise going on at the upper levels.

The crew was great, the food was good, the beer was cold, the shows were good, and we had fun in the Ports of Call.

It was still a good vacation in my opinion.

Had our cabin been on Lido or just underneath...it may not have been so pleasant I imagine.