Carnival Magic Chef's Table

Becksteroonies

We are headed out on Carnival Magic April 15th and we have reserved the Chef's Table, but we are trying to figure out which night it will be. Anyone recently off the 7 day itinerary to Costa Maya, Mahoginy Bay, Belize & Cozumel, and can share what night the Chef's Table was on your trip? We are worried it's gonna be on our Cozumel day because that's our earliest departure (3:00pm, other ports are between 5-8pm). But we booked Sanchos and not sure we would want to do both on the same day! Talk about stuffed!! ;p

Thanks in advance for any advice you have!

You can ask the hostess at the Steakhouse on embarkation day. If it's a night you don't want, you can cancel.

If you cancel now you will probably not be able to get reservations after boarding.

If I remember correctly on the Breeze last year it was on day 3 of a seven day cruise, which was the first port day on that particular sailing.

Yeah, that's what my mom is used to as well (third day) but that is the day we are in port from 12-8pm so that would cut out the possibility for an excursion that day and I don't Carnival would double book events like that. May have to wait till we get on board but was just hoping someone who recently got off had some info. Thanks!

When I reserved Chef's Table I asked when they would know which night it would be so I could plan the rest of my adventures around that date and they said they could not tell us until we got on board:

"Good Evening Jeff,

The date mentioned in the reservation request and in the Subject matter of this e-mail is the Sailing date ………….. beginning of the cruise.

Following are the additional information that may be helpful.

The date and time will be finalized once you are onboard.

The $75 charge per person, plus 15% gratuity will be automatically added to your sail and sign account.

The dress code for The Chef’s Table follows the dress code specified for that evening on board; since guests are taken on a personalized tour of the galley, open-toed, heels and shoes with slippery soles are discouraged.

We cannot promise the exact date.

Look forward to serving you.

Thanks & Regards,

Ramesh Ahuja

Maitre D'- Carnival Fascination"

That really sucks.. I made reservations for my 2018 cruise. Do that means, there is only one chefs table reservation through out the duration of the cruise? Well I hope it is not on an elegant night, first night or a day that we have a late port [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just got off the Magic last Sunday. We did CT on Wednesday night at 6:15pm. This was Puerto Rico day and back on ship at 4 pm.

If you're a foodie- any day is good for CT- it was simply incredible!

Loved it so much that I'm doing it next month on the cruise I "won" from winning the Magic Blackjack tourney. Breeze this time. Can't wait!

Wear non-slippery shoes/ low heels as you will tour the galley.

I just got off the Magic last Sunday. We did CT on Wednesday night at 6:15pm. This was Puerto Rico day and back on ship at 4 pm.

Loved it so much that I'm doing it next month on the cruise I "won" from winning the Magic Blackjack tourney. Breeze this time. Can't wait!

Thanks for the info! Unfortunately we're on the other itinerary. We've done CT plenty of times before but was hoping to try the new menu. We also have Italian booked one night and the rest are late port days, except Cozumel, where we are doing Mr. Sanchos, so hoping its not that day either because that would be a lot of food and drink for one day! [emoji39]

• 2 weeks later...

Can you (or anyone here) confirm if Magic has the new CT menu? Or is it the same one it has been for a couple years- mango spheres, tomato bisque 2 ways, a crab cake, duck textures, a seabass, a beef dish? We've had that menu at least twice, maybe more, already, don't want to do it again until there is a new menu.

Can you (or anyone here) confirm if Magic has the new CT menu? Or is it the same one it has been for a couple years- mango spheres, tomato bisque 2 ways, a crab cake, duck textures, a seabass, a beef dish? We've had that menu at least twice, maybe more, already, don't want to do it again until there is a new menu.

My Mom posted to John Heald a month ago and a few people answered that yes it is a new menu. We've done the other one a good amount of times too, so we wanted to check before booking also.

Hi.. We just returned from the Carnival Magic's March 4-11 cruise. We visited the same ports but in a reverse order. Monday Cozumel,Tuesday Belize,Wednesday Roatan, and Thursday Costa Maya. We departed Costa Maya at 2 PM and the Chefs Table was held that night at 6:15. Even though this was the last Elegant night none of the men wore ties.

A wonderful new menu was served with pork belly, lamb, sea bass,veal and quail.

That really sucks.. I made reservations for my 2018 cruise. Do that means, there is only one chefs table reservation through out the duration of the cruise? Well I hope it is not on an elegant night, first night or a day that we have a late port [emoji848]

What sucks? It won't be on the first day or the Elegant night, relax, they're not stupid. Even on late port days we are always back on the ship for dinner.