Leaving On Allure Today

Studman

Enjoy!!!

If you do any of the specialty dining would love your opinion.

If you are doing MTD let us know how the wait/service is.

What type of cabin do you have?

Ate at Giovannis's last night and it was great, bought the first night deal on the RCI web site for 15 buck a person. . had lunch at Solarium Bistro which becomes the Samba Grille at night. While there they tried to sell us the dining package and then found out we were booked to eat there. After a discussion of the group ( 7 people) we decided we wanted to eat at Giovannis's

BTW with the $15 frist night you only can go to one of those two places to eat.

Went to Giovannis's and made a res. for 6 pm and the meal was great. Had the steak and picked 3 pastas to share for the table. ALL of the food was DELICIOUS.

Will be doing the MTD tonight so I will get back to you.

We have a Boardwalk inside balcony. It nice but a have to say a bit small, but hey we are really only in the room to get ready and sleep. so far so good.

Ate at Giovannis's last night and it was great, bought the first night deal on the RCI web site for 15 buck a person. . had lunch at Solarium Bistro which becomes the Samba Grille at night. While there they tried to sell us the dining package and then found out we were booked to eat there. After a discussion of the group ( 7 people) we decided we wanted to eat at Giovannis's

BTW with the $15 frist night you only can go to one of those two places to eat.

Went to Giovannis's and made a res. for 6 pm and the meal was great. Had the steak and picked 3 pastas to share for the table. ALL of the food was DELICIOUS.

Will be doing the MTD tonight so I will get back to you.

We have a Boardwalk inside balcony. It nice but a have to say a bit small, but hey we are really only in the room to get ready and sleep. so far so good.

Great info thanks - we loved Giovanni's on the navigator and will be sure to try it again.

Our friends have the inside Central Park balcony - they're excited about that

Thanks for the info - love following you on your journey

We just got off of the Allure yesterday. We bought the 4 night dining package and ate at Chops, Giovanni's twice, and Samba. I highly recommend Chops. The food was very good but the sides that they say are served family style are laughable. The options are extremely small. Giovanni's was very good the first night but the service was ridiculously bad the second night. Samba was good...the salad bar was small but adequate and the choices of meat were generous and plentiful. We also ate at Sabor and it was fair--not great! Everything is a la carte and can get pricy very quickly, especially if you're a big eater. We enjoyed the Park Café on 8 with fresh salads, paninis, etc. And Johnny Rockets was as good as ever. The Windjammer was a nightmare on sea days so I would suggest looking for alternative choices or going at off times. The first time I've ever been on a ship that stopped people from entering the Windjammer and only allowed people in as people left. They even made announcements that if you had finished eating, please vacate the premises! First time back on RC in a while. The ship was nice but too many people for us!

We just got off of the Allure yesterday. We bought the 4 night dining package and ate at Chops, Giovanni's twice, and Samba. I highly recommend Chops. The food was very good but the sides that they say are served family style are laughable. The options are extremely small. Giovanni's was very good the first night but the service was ridiculously bad the second night. Samba was good...the salad bar was small but adequate and the choices of meat were generous and plentiful. We also ate at Sabor and it was fair--not great! Everything is a la carte and can get pricy very quickly, especially if you're a big eater. We enjoyed the Park Café on 8 with fresh salads, paninis, etc. And Johnny Rockets was as good as ever. The Windjammer was a nightmare on sea days so I would suggest looking for alternative choices or going at off times. The first time I've ever been on a ship that stopped people from entering the Windjammer and only allowed people in as people left. They even made announcements that if you had finished eating, please vacate the premises! First time back on RC in a while. The ship was nice but too many people for us!

Yikes! We just booked for December ... not reassuring re: Windjammer

Was the Bistro crowded for Lunch?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No we got there before they opened, they open at 12 noon on boarding day.

waited 15 mins and was the first ones to seat down.

Even after we left there was not a ton of people there.

I read here on this board you should go there on the first day and it was the right move

Yikes! We just booked for December ... not reassuring re: Windjammer

No worries. I just got off the same cruise and did not have the same experience. WJ far exceeded my expectations and I never found it as busy as I expected. I usually grabbed lunch there around 1.

The Windjammer is usually very busy only on the first day of sailing because just about everyone goes there to get something to eat when they have just boarded the ship. They only made the announcement about leaving your table after you are finished on that first day. The announcement is also made in at least four different languages. After the first day the Windjammer calms down and there are usually plenty of seats available. Employees also advised passengers at the entrance that there was plenty of availability at the Park Café and Solarium Restaurant if they didn't want to wait for a seat in the Windjammer.

Enjoy!!!

If you do any of the specialty dining would love your opinion.

Did Giovanni's , one of the best meal of the week and Chop's, service was awful

If you are doing MTD let us know how the wait/service is.

we did MTD but made res. online before we got there and never waited more then 2 mins. This is a must as the line was long and the wait was up to 45 mins at times. One night we had a res for 5:45 but was not hungry so went around 7 and had to wait 40 mins to get a table, we did have 7 though. Service was great

What type of cabin do you have?

We had an inside balcony #11297 and it was nice. kind of smaller then past cabins we hadin the pasted but it was fine. didn't care for the bathroom sink. I could barely fit my hands under the faucet

We had an inside balcony #11297 and it was nice. kind of smaller then past cabins we hadin the pasted but it was fine. didn't care for the bathroom sink. I could barely fit my hands under the faucet

Thanks

Hope you enjoyed your trip

Do you remember how long it took you to get off the cruise on Sunday Morning?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Getting off was a breeze.

We had an 11 am flight home out of FLL and opted for the express departure.

This is where you DO NOT put your bags out the night before and walk off the ship with them. You have from 6:30 to 8:15 am to do so before they start calling all the different times.

I had talked with our steward the night before so we could get up, leave our bags in our room and go eat breakfast and then come back for our bags and walk off,

So we kept our bags, got up around 6, got dressed, packed the last few items and went to eat. The WJ was very crowded as expected but we found a table. Ate, went back and got our bags and walked off. No crowds, no problems. Just make sure you have your sea pass ready as they won't let you off without it. Walked right off to customs, waited maybe 3-4 mins for our turn. I got to say that customs is a joke. they didn't look nor ask about anything. I could have filled my bag with cig. or Liq. and no one would have known anything, I guess unless they spot check, I don't really know. I can tell you I didn't see anyone looking in any bags. In fact it took longer to get off the ship then customs, but that's because people didn't have their sea pass ready or there was a problem with it. ( note; be careful of sunscreen and your seapass, the sunscreen took all the info and bar codes off the seapass making it not work, we had to replace our's twice during the cruise)

Anyway was through customs in mins and outside. We just grabbed a shuttle for 11 bucks each ( didn't want to deal with the Uber) and was at the Airport in 10 mins. appox 8:30 am

Times

Got up 6:15 am

went to breakfast about 6:45

Back to room 7:30

Walked off ship 8:00

arrived at airport 8:30

ended up with close to a 2 1/2 hr wait for our flight

I do believe that if we had waited to get off it would have been alot busier and taken more time

Getting off was a breeze.

We had an 11 am flight home out of FLL and opted for the express departure.

This is where you DO NOT put your bags out the night before and walk off the ship with them. You have from 6:30 to 8:15 am to do so before they start calling all the different times.

I had talked with our steward the night before so we could get up, leave our bags in our room and go eat breakfast and then come back for our bags and walk off,

So we kept our bags, got up around 6, got dressed, packed the last few items and went to eat. The WJ was very crowded as expected but we found a table. Ate, went back and got our bags and walked off. No crowds, no problems. Just make sure you have your sea pass ready as they won't let you off without it. Walked right off to customs, waited maybe 3-4 mins for our turn. I got to say that customs is a joke. they didn't look nor ask about anything. I could have filled my bag with cig. or Liq. and no one would have known anything, I guess unless they spot check, I don't really know. I can tell you I didn't see anyone looking in any bags. In fact it took longer to get off the ship then customs, but that's because people didn't have their sea pass ready or there was a problem with it. ( note; be careful of sunscreen and your seapass, the sunscreen took all the info and bar codes off the seapass making it not work, we had to replace our's twice during the cruise)

Anyway was through customs in mins and outside. We just grabbed a shuttle for 11 bucks each ( didn't want to deal with the Uber) and was at the Airport in 10 mins. appox 8:30 am

Times

Got up 6:15 am

went to breakfast about 6:45

Back to room 7:30

Walked off ship 8:00

arrived at airport 8:30

ended up with close to a 2 1/2 hr wait for our flight

I do believe that if we had waited to get off it would have been alot busier and taken more time

What do you need to do to get the express departure?

What do you need to do to get the express departure?

Nothing really

somewhere around day 3 or 4 you will get a form to fill out telling them of your departure time. This is how they determine the departure times. they will give you a number based on what you put on that form. like 1 through 15.

We had forgot to turn in the form and I went to guest services to do so and they told me it was to late and to not really worry about and when you get luggage tags from your steward the day before departure just throw them away, which is what I did. I also told the steward and he was fine with it, said I could get off whenever I want to.