Royal Suite on the Infinity or other Millennium Class Ship

Luxana

My husband and I always cruise in a handicapped Sky Suite, but are contemplating upgrading to a Royal Suite on the Infinity Panama Canal cruise next year. We rent a scooter for my husband to get around. When not on the scooter, he uses a walker. We know there is a step for the shower, which he can probably navigate. We would appreciate any comments. Thank you, Elaine

We have sailed on sister ship Summit in the Royal suite. As a double amputee, my husband also uses a scooter but gets around the suite with a cane. There is room for the scooter behind the love seat and before the table. Ask your butler for an extension cord and he will plug it in behind the couch. We ask for a shower stool before we sail but it has never been in the room when we arrive. The butler always was able to get us one. The door to the hall does not have an automatic door opener so either I hold it open for my husband or he is able to manage it himself if I am not around. It is not an extra wide door but there is enough room for the scooter to get through.

If you have any other questions I will try to answer them.

Thank you for your response! We didn't even consider the width of the door and the automatic door mechanism. Glad to know there is a space for the scooter other than the doorway. Our travel agent has requested the shower seat. We have traveled in the handicapped Sky Suite and look forward to more space and the hot tub on the balcony. Thanks again!

We have sailed on sister ship Summit in the Royal suite. As a double amputee, my husband also uses a scooter but gets around the suite with a cane. There is room for the scooter behind the love seat and before the table. Ask your butler for an extension cord and he will plug it in behind the couch. We ask for a shower stool before we sail but it has never been in the room when we arrive. The butler always was able to get us one. The door to the hall does not have an automatic door opener so either I hold it open for my husband or he is able to manage it himself if I am not around. It is not an extra wide door but there is enough room for the scooter to get through.

If you have any other questions I will try to answer them.

Do you think the Royal Suite on the Infinity is the same as the Summit?

If I am not mistaken, I believe the ships are identical. Go to celebrity website, plan a cruise, ships for the deck plans. Someone will likely correct me if I am wrong.

The Royal suites are great. Quiet, near the elevator. Service has been great. We always have breakfast in our room or on the balcony. I think the service may be a bit more attentive than in the sky suite. You will really enjoy the suite on a longer cruise.

As I type, I think we were in a Royal on Infinity on a Norway cruise and that room was the same as on the Summit.

Thank you for your response! We didn't even consider the width of the door and the automatic door mechanism. Glad to know there is a space for the scooter other than the doorway. Our travel agent has requested the shower seat. We have traveled in the handicapped Sky Suite and look forward to more space and the hot tub on the balcony. Thanks again!

Just to give you a heads up, the "hot tub" on the balcony is really just a large jetted bathtub with enough room for one person. It needs to be filled every time you want to use it.

My husband enjoyed it both times we sailed in the RS on the Summit. Me, not so much.

My husband and I always cruise in a handicapped Sky Suite, but are contemplating upgrading to a Royal Suite on the Infinity Panama Canal cruise next year. We rent a scooter for my husband to get around. When not on the scooter, he uses a walker. We know there is a step for the shower, which he can probably navigate. We would appreciate any comments. Thank you,
He should be okay if he can manage a few steps in the bathroom without the walker.

The stall shower is wedged into a corner of the bathroom between the bathtub and the toilet, facing the toilet.

To enter or exit the shower, there is only a narrow space between the shower doors and the toilet.

We needed to put towels down on the floor in that space between the shower doors and the toilet because the shower doors leaked, especially when the ship was rocking.

It may have only been our particular shower, but the shower doors did not close snugly together and there were visible gaps between them where water escaped.

When we reported the leaks, we were told that the shower doors have always been that way and just to let them know if we needed any more towels.

IMG_2513.jpg

There was only one grab bar inside our shower stall.

The space in the shower would really be tight if you put a shower seat in there.

It is nowhere near the size of the large, roomy shower you get in the handicap accessible bathrooms.

But the additional space in the royal suite is certainly very nice, and we especially appreciate having the separate bedroom.

(That is always a big plus when one person is an early bird and the other is a night owl.) ;)

P.S. The photo is not mine, but one I had saved that was posted previously. Sorry not to attribute it to the original poster, but I don't remember who it was.

Edited by varoo

Thank you for the great information. The close proximity to the toilet can give my husband something extra for support when he gets out of the shower. Wonder if the shower stall doors in Royal suites on all Millennium ships leak?