Price drops? Pool deck?

Worn out mailman

Hi everybody. It's been awhile since I've posted. I'm just past the week during which we were supposed to have cruised (but had to cancel). Now I'm itching to book something for next spring (Regal eastern) but the prices this far out are making me hesitate. I wonder what kind of price drops anybody has received for a midship or slightly forward/aft stateroom on deck 9 or 10.

Also, for any of you who have sailed on Royal or Regal who happen to enjoy main pool deck activities on sea days, is the one pool on the main deck enough? Was the movie screen audio muted during the day? I realize there is another pool but those areas are too removed from the action for my taste.

Thanks all.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Forums mobile app

More likely than a significant price drop is a promotion with amenities that in effect lower the cost of the cruise.

Princess is trying to promote "price integrity" by keeping pricing about the same as long as possible. If they can fill op the ship this way, they will not have great sales which involve significantly lower pricing.

As far as price drops and hesitation go...

If you want the cruise, a particular cabin or area and can pay the price...book.

If you wait until there's a price drop, the cabin or location on the ship that you want may not be available.

If you book and there are no price drops and you still don't like the price that was available at the time you booked...cancel before final payment.

I have a question about price drop... We are looking at a summer 2018 European cruise and right now the discounts are 0%, if I look at their 2017 Europe cruises I see they've dropped by more then 50%. We've always sales with RCCL and understand how their price drops work but in our research lately, I've seen on Princess that the new prices are only for new bookings, is this typical? if we are before final payment will they honour the new price?

I use a site to track my cruises and historically when I book this far out, I've been very successful with RCCL to significantly reduce my price. I want to make sure I can do this with Princess also.

I did not notice the movie being muted during the day. One afternoon they played Finding Dory and it was at normal volume. As far as the pool there are lots of decks above pool where you can see the pool and find a seat but open seats close to the pool are few and far between. During the day there were a lot of people sitting on the sides of the pool and hanging on the end because the main pool is relatively deep and short people couldn't touch the bottom. on the other side of the fountain there is a very small round pool that is shallower but was almost always full with kids

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

YMMV but normally I have 3 price drops and/or offers that lower the price. It all varies based on the your room type, ship, destination, and how full the ship is through the year. I subscribe to a website that lets me know within minutes of a cruise price change. I also visit the cruise voyage page every other day to see if there's a promo but the price is staying the same. You've got to watch the terms. It is sometimes for oceanview or better, only for new reservations, only for the first two adults, and/or may cost your more than your previous reservation. I've yet to book a cruise where the price hasn't dropped $450 to $600 from the time I first book till the time I pay the final payment and I only book inside staterooms for a family of 3. Where you get into trouble is you can't count on a price drop. I know with Royal what I booked rarely changed by the time I paid the final down payment. Plus if you are flying that is where you get burned. You have to be on your A game to book the cheap flights first or any savings goes into 2x airfare prices. We book southwest direct flights and make sure to call the airline to find out when your flight will show up on the site. It is usually +/- 6 months before the cruise.

Plus if you are flying that is where you get burned. You have to be on your A game to book the cheap flights first or any savings goes into 2x airfare prices. We book southwest direct flights and make sure to call the airline to find out when your flight will show up on the site. It is usually +/- 6 months before the cruise.

You're quite right about the airfares really ramping up the cost of the vacation. My favorite cruises are the Southerns out of San Juan, but it costs so much to fly there round trip, and sometimes we cant leave SJ for Philadelphia until after 1 pm. Unfortunately, my girlfriend doesn't earn enough vacation time to take a 10 day with me out of FLL (which would be perfect), at least without giving up our Ocean City NJ vacation, which we also love.

Hopefully we'll hit the lotto and then, all bets are off.

I have a question about price drop... We are looking at a summer 2018 European cruise and right now the discounts are 0%, if I look at their 2017 Europe cruises I see they've dropped by more then 50%. We've always sales with RCCL and understand how their price drops work but in our research lately, I've seen on Princess that the new prices are only for new bookings, is this typical? if we are before final payment will they honour the new price?

In the USA and Canada, very few promotions are for new booking only if it is before final payment deadline. After final payment time, almost all promotions are for new bookings.

If you do switch to a lower price, you will get any amenities that are a part of that pricing, but will lose any amenities you had which are not part of the new promotion. For example, if you booked and had a free AIBP but the new lower pricing did not come with a free AIBP, then you would lose the AIBP.

To get the lower price, there must be space available in the category you had booked. If, for example, you had booked a BD balcony, then you could get the new pricing only if BD cabins were still available to reserve.