To all first time cruisers

chilly1470

Here are some helpful hints for anyone new to cruising, especially Carnival, since that is all I know, mainly the Ecstasy but I am sure it is fleetwide. The sure thing to tell you is the shampoo and shower gel provided in all showers and baths is great. So spare the trouble of bringing your own, as this stuff is sufficient, and I should know, I am picky about such things. Don't bring a surge protector but instead a multi outlet plug. When you book, go to the shops and purchase bottled water, as it is cheaper that way if you like your own water. I am sure there are millions of tips, but these are a few of my own and thought I would share.

I thinks it cheaper if you pre-order your water and have it delivered to your room. I'm not a fine of the shower gel. But if your in a bind or don't want to bring your own I guess it's fine. To me, it my skin too dry.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I used their shampoo but wife did not (she brought her own as well as her own conditioner), I thought it was fine but I don't have much hair either :) .

We did bring a bar of our own soap which worked out ok. We brought an extension cord with 4 outlets but didn't need it. Our room was an ocean suite and it had 3 outlets and for us that was enough never to need the extension cord. We also brought a fan but didn't need it either (Feb cruise though, might need it in July!).

Thanks for the tips.

:)

The shampoo and shower gel may be sufficient for you, but you can't say it is for everyone. I much prefer my own, thank you.

We pre-ordered our bottled water from the fun shop online, easier than waiting until we got on board. It was waiting for us in our stateroom, along with the club soda I also ordered.

I have myself and 2 girls with LOOOONG thick hair. We each would use 2 of the travel size shampoos at a time. We are bringing our own just to make sure there's enough! My husband and son are bald. Maybe we'll steal their shampoo from their room. Ha ha.