21 Days Aboard the Regal Princess

nukesubsailor

We just completed 21 days aboard the Regal Princess - February 5-26, 2017. Here is a brief critique of our experience:

LIKES =

The food in the buffet was very good. The selections were many and everything we tried was good except for the mac & cheese. We are used to this dish being yellow rather than white and felt what ever they used for cheese lacked flavor. We really enjoyed the barbequed ribs and chicken served their often.

The Club Class dining was very enjoyable. Never once did we see packed tables or long lines of people waiting for a table in the rest of the anytime dining room. That may have something to do with the early time that we dined in Club Class.

DISLIKES =

Ship's Photographers blocking the gangway when passengers are eager to begin their time in a port. They also blocked Piazza stairways to take photos. My personal opinion is that anyone wanting to be photographed will not mind walking a short distance to do so while great numbers of passengers would prefer not to waste their time at foot traffic choke points waiting for someone to pose.

Park West Art Gallery did something on this cruise that we have never seen before. They blocked the Piazza on multiple occasions to display their art and conduct auctions. They also did the same in the Vista Lounge which we have seen often in the past. This negatively impacted passengers who wanted to play bingo there. The art displayed by Park West seemed like the same art they have been trying to sell for years. We wish they would get something new. Neither of the two auctions we attended had many bidders compared to the auctions we have attended in the past.

We don't have any statistics to back this up but our impression is that on this cruise we experienced more difficulty in getting service at any bar area. Just speculation--- but could this have anything to do with the all inclusive beverage packages offered by the cruise line?

We were on the Feb. 19 sailing and agree with your two dislikes. I do not care for the photographers and pressure to have my photo taken at the gangway either. I have never purchased a photo with "pirates or wenches" or some other costume and never will!!

I also have never seen the art for the auction displayed to block the piazza or the auctions held in the piazza. I also did not care for that.

The rest of the cruise, superb!! Love the ship!

Park West Art Gallery did something on this cruise that we have never seen before. They blocked the Piazza on multiple occasions to display their art and conduct auctions. They also did the same in the Vista Lounge which we have seen often in the past. This negatively impacted passengers who wanted to play bingo there. The art displayed by Park West seemed like the same art they have been trying to sell for years. We wish they would get something new.

They have warehouses full of thousands of those 'pieces' they have to flog off.

We were on the February 19 - 26th Regal and the Art sales were everywhere and seemed non-stop. So annoying and loud. Limited entertainment in the Vista lounge because of the constant Art work being pushed. Someone said it was a special Art group onboard, but whatever it was, it was always in the way.

We are veteran cruisers on another cruise line. Our upcoming Regal cruise will be our second Princess cruise. I have to agree the OP's assessment of Park West art on the line we've cruised more. Doesn't seem there is the big draw or bidding we've seen in the past on that cruise line either. Seems it's the same art over and over.

The only reason we might go is for the small art they give. I've actually gotten some I like and framed them. Hung them in my office before I retired and had many favorable compliments. Not rushing off to a Park West auction! :)