Liberty - Galveston Port - Soda

FPP777

So my wife and two children have the refreshment package for our upcoming Liberty Cruise. I have the Deluxe. So we all have access to fountain soda.

My question is this. My wife has a preference for Diet Dr Pepper which I don't believe they have onboard. If I were to pack up a couple of 12 packs, do you think they would bring them to our room if we checked them in? How tight is that type of security in Galveston?

Thanks

Thanks Bob. I guess I have a small enough duffle bag that should work. I/ll start saving some bubble wrap from my Amazon purchases.

Does anyone know if you purchase a refreshment package and decide you would like a shot of rum in your non-alcoholic cocktail if there is any problem for the bar tender dong so? Or perhaps just order a shot separate.

Does anyone know if you purchase a refreshment package and decide you would like a shot of rum in your non-alcoholic cocktail if there is any problem for the bar tender dong so? Or perhaps just order a shot separate.

You can get a shot anytime and pour it in yourself.

When we took Navigator out of Galveston, they had Dr Pepper and Diet Dr Pepper on board, have you verified that they don't have it?

I thought I read that in one of the billion threads I've read :). That's great. I won't worry about it then. Thanks

When we took Navigator out of Galveston, they had Dr Pepper and Diet Dr Pepper on board, have you verified that they don't have it?

Was the Dr Pepper in cans or from the soda gun at the bar?

Does anyone know for sure if they have DP on Liberty?

Was the Dr Pepper in cans or from the soda gun at the bar?

Does anyone know for sure if they have DP on Liberty?

I've never seen Dr. Pepper in the soda guns.

They definitely have Dr. Pepper and Diet Dr. Pepper onboard the Liberty.. Some bars have the cans and some just have the 2-liters and pour from that.

But if you want to take a 12-pack of DDP, just put it in a plastic bag (from the grocery store) and take it onboard. It will not be confiscated.

If you have watched the folks loading the ship in Galveston you would never put soda in your luggage. Or let them take your luggage on or off the ship for that matter. Last time we got off during a B2B and the porters were rolling luggage racks packed over 8' deep to and from the ship with a tug. Many bags fell off the top of the pile into puddles and several were run over by other tugs or sat in the puddles for the whole time we were stuck on the gangway.

We did a walkoff when we came back after the second cruise.

High-packed racks aren't unusual for cruise ship loading and unloading, but Galveston handling was the worst we had seen in over 25 cruises.

Is there nearby shopping at the Galveston port to purchase wine or soda?

No, Galveston is a wasteland. :P (don't be mad, I'm making a funny!)

Do you mean in walking distance? Probably could find a gas station. Depends on your definition of nearby, the Walmart is too far to walk to.

I was just on Liberty, they had diet Dr Pepper in cans and 2 liter bottles.

Now I have to Google this...

There's something called The Cruise Stop bills itself as a convenience store. Corner of 25th and Strand.

Something called Strand Refreshments which also bills itself as a convenience store but looks more like a small pub.

The liquor stores would be closed on Sunday.

Closest gas stations are down on Broadway.

Bob's Grocery on 21st about 1/2 a mile away. Five minute walk. (Google says 11 minutes, they must be slow walkers)

How are you coming in? When you turn off the freeway on to Harborside, there are 2 gas stations right there.

There's a Target right off I-45 when you get on the island, and a Kroger on the seafront, plenty of CVS/Walgreens around that sell wine too but you can't buy it before 12pm. You're better off picking it up the night before if you're staying in the area.