Review & Pics of the Anthem. 7 Night Florida & Bahamas 2/19-2/26/17

Moltar

Moltar, definitely a big help on the detailed review per day for us boarding the ship soon.

One question, on Atlantis, who did you book the tour with and what did it have access to? Currently the ship tours are mostly few hours in Atlantis or full water park access, which I'm not that interested as I'm traveling with a baby. I would like the pool facilities access, lunch there if possible. Also, is the beach nice at the hotel?

And as many others have stated, kudos on the pictures (the second day dawn pictures with no people around are so cool, looks like you were alone in the cruise).

Moltar, definitely a big help on the detailed review per day for us boarding the ship soon.

One question, on Atlantis, who did you book the tour with and what did it have access to? Currently the ship tours are mostly few hours in Atlantis or full water park access, which I'm not that interested as I'm traveling with a baby. I would like the pool facilities access, lunch there if possible. Also, is the beach nice at the hotel?

And as many others have stated, kudos on the pictures (the second day dawn pictures with no people around are so cool, looks like you were alone in the cruise).

We booked a taxi before the cruise to pick us up at 9:15 and then we bought our tickets directly at Atlantis for the pool and waterpark. I do not know if they come separate since they are both in the same location and nothing divides them. Usually we book through the cruise line but since Atlantis was so close we felt very confident we would have no issues getting back to the ship in a timely manner

Day 5 - Atlantis Continued.

Again, we just enjoyed the pools, beach, food, and amazing amount of sealife.

IMG_1112_zpsunuyr4ql.jpg

IMG_1033_zpskyxfs1cd.jpg

IMG_1042_zps952xrqxu.jpg

IMG_1004_zpsrsobreaq.jpg

We got picked up by our taxi at 3:30 and were back on board after a little port shopping by 4:15-4:30. The sail away sunset and sky was beautiful as we left Nassau.

DSC_0043-3_zpszpftjsuq.jpg

DSC_0005_zpshfg7ssqe.jpg

We had dinner at The Grande at 8:15. Afterwards I most likely went to Music Hall for a few cocktails. We saw We Will Rock You and Spectra's Cabaret I just don't remember the exact nights. They changed up Spectra's just a touch and its even better. We Will Rock You is great and I do like Queen so even better. I still have not seen The Gift. Onto 2 glorious sea days on the Anthem!

Day 6 Sea Day Coming Up Next!

Day 6 - At Sea.

It was a beautiful morning and day as a whole to be out cruising. We took the little guy to the Kids Pool area. Later on in the day we lounged around 270 for awhile and just enjoyed the ship. We had dinner reservations for Jamie's Italian and it was also formal night. Me and my wife had Jamie's in October and thought it was great authentic Italian food. If you have not tried Jamie's I highly recommend. I ordered the Lamb Chops for my main, for apps we orded the 2 anti-past boards and pretty much everything else since we were a party of 7.

DSC_0059-2_zpssqa4mzkc.jpg

DSC_0049_zpsd0ilzzii.jpg

DSC_0021_zpssfjr2op4.jpg

DSC_0033_zpss915pvv6.jpg

DSC_0078_zpsvlksk3kl.jpg

DSC_0124_zpsejydln0v.jpg

Day 6 At Sea Wrap Up Next!

Day 6 - At Sea Continued.

After dinner at Jamie's we had some drinks at Vintages and checked out "Dancing With The Stripes" at Two70. Hung out on the balcony and then called it a night.

DSC_0195_zpsiih6cvlr.jpg

DSC_0009_zpst3hl8zrq.jpg

DSC_0001-3_zpsqguztccy.jpg

DSC_0082-2_zpsidkf5m10.jpg

DSC_0096-2_zps31zwjyzu.jpg

DSC_0101_zps9rflxgxn.jpg

Day 7 At Sea Coming Soon!

Great pics and report! Brings back memories of our 19 nights on her week after the inaugural in UK. Love the DD, the layout of the entire ship but the only thing we really did not enjoy are the shows, compared to the production shows on the Oasis class ships. We would love to try her one more time if only RC would bring her to FLL instead of NJ. Thanks again for posting and btw, love your barong. I had to show it to my DH? Did you buy it in Manila or here?

Sonia (pinay)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Great pics and report! Brings back memories of our 19 nights on her week after the inaugural in UK. Love the DD, the layout of the entire ship but the only thing we really did not enjoy are the shows, compared to the production shows on the Oasis class ships. We would love to try her one more time if only RC would bring her to FLL instead of NJ. Thanks again for posting and btw, love your barong. I had to show it to my DH? Did you buy it in Manila or here?

Sonia (pinay)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you and I got it in Cebu City. That is where my wife is from.

Thanks for posting all these wonderful photos and detailed accounts of each day! We are embarking this Sunday on Anthem and we've been debating whether or not to go to Kennedy Space Center. Did you feel rushed and did your 3 yr old like it? We have a 6 yr old who would really love this, but not sure about our 3 yr old. Thanks!

You had mentioned getting tender tickets in the morning. Where did you get them and how early can you get them?

Thanks!

My wife says get them the night before. Ask you room attendant or somebody on staff where to go. She says it was Two70. Just make sure. We didn't get ours to late morning.

Thanks for posting all these wonderful photos and detailed accounts of each day! We are embarking this Sunday on Anthem and we've been debating whether or not to go to Kennedy Space Center. Did you feel rushed and did your 3 yr old like it? We have a 6 yr old who would really love this, but not sure about our 3 yr old. Thanks!

You should have the option to go your own route and meet back at 5:45. Before the the main part of KSC, you most likely will stop at the Apollo Exhibit. There too, we wandered for an hour on our own before meeting back for the bus to the main part of KSC. We didn't feel rushed and really enjoyed it. My 3 year old is easy to work with so he didn't mind at all. They do have an awesome playpark in the Rocket Field/Museum.

Day 7 - At Sea.

Wokeup early and took some pictures. Headed to Cafe270 for some light breakfast sandwiches and fresh OJ. After my wife and little guy wokeup. We had lunch at The Grande. I highly recommend yo go to The Grande for lunch on Sea Days. I have not tried it for breakfast on Sea Days yet. Shopped around a little in the Esplanade, hungout in 270, took the little guy to Adventure Ocean Open Play room. Essentially just tried to savor the last day onboard. Making every minute count. Trying to postpone the inevitable. We had a great final, last dinner at The Grande. We will never forget how great that week was in The Grande. Here now are the final pictures and after the pictures, my 16 minute Cruise in Review Video which I think you will all thoroughly enjoy, especially if you have an Anthem cruise booked!!

DSC_0171_zpsjb1umjjx.jpg

DSC_0173_zpsplkuuwzq.jpg

DSC_0189_zpsb4zenzbi.jpg

DSC_0145_zpscsnfxqwz.jpg

DSC_0051_zpsjxxi8njf.jpg

DSC_0077_zpsisbfopb1.jpg

More Pictures Next!