Haven requests

cruzinnh

Hi Everyone! 8 days and counting until we set sail on the Getaway - cruising Haven for the first time with our 10 yo son. So excited!! I've seen several entries on this board that you guys have asked that the "refrigerator be emptied." Just curious, what is in the refrigerator before it is emptied? Also, is there a Diet Coke in sight on the ship? I'm from Atlanta, so this whole Diet Pepsi thing is quite upsetting! LOL

I, like you, are a Diet Coke aholic. You will not find any on board and you can no longer bring it on board

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 16.0px Arial; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000}span.s1 {font-kerning: none}

Nightingale by Kristen Hannah which was good also you may wish to try Winter Garden. Martha Hall Kelley’s Lilac Girls is a great historical fiction choice. YA reads try Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon (before the movie comes out), Chemist by Stephanie Meyer (thought this is supposed to be adult I loved this book!) Tasha Alexander writes a wonderful mystery series that reads like historical fiction. The main characters are interesting and you will be drawn into their lives. Now if you want to walk on the thriller side I cannot say enough about Brian Freeman’s The Night Bird. This was an all nighter for me! I hope this will give you a good start. Happy reading and have a great cruise!

Thank you very much!

I believe it is the typical minibar set up that includes alcohol and canned soda. I always have them empty it so 1.) alcohol isn't there tempting my teen and 2.) he doesn't get lazy and drink that soda instead of going to the bar to get the soda covered on the package and 3.) we drink a lot of water and I like having a cold pitcher full in the fridge. We never have to buy a bottle package.

Does that mean that the pre-stocked stuff in the fridge is not included in your Haven pricing?

Does that mean that the pre-stocked stuff in the fridge is not included in your Haven pricing?

Unless your in owners suite and above you pay for soda

Owner/deluxe suite get 3 bottles of booze plus free soda garden villas get 6 plus free soda

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...
Thanks! I love good historical fiction. I am almost done with the Outlander series if that helps. I also like Kristen Hannah (of Fire Fly Lane fame) and I never say no to a good YA novel.

Another Outlander fan!!! Love those books; you should check out the series on Starz if you haven't already.

I liked the Into the Wilderness series, by Sara Donati, set post-Revolution in the wilds of what is now New York state. (There's even a brief reference, though not by name, to Jamie and Claire Fraser, and Ian Murray.)

Also - the Exit Unicorns series by Cindy Brandner is exceptionally good; I think her writing comes closest to Diana Gabaldon when it comes to great relationships and wit. It's set mainly in Northern Ireland at the time of the Troubles. The author is working on the fifth and final book in the series now. I highly recommend them.

Unless your in owners suite and above you pay for soda

Owner/deluxe suite get 3 bottles of booze plus free soda garden villas get 6 plus free soda

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a little confusing so I just want to clarify....

We will be travel in an H3 OS....is there an additional charge for any items in the mini-fridg?

If I am in the Haven and I have the unlimited beverage package, can I ask for certain liquor for my room?

I have an aft facing penthouse 1 bedroom suite.

They won't usually bring alcohol to your cabin, even with a butler. I don't know why, it's annoying.

Go Haven or go home! haha. Just kidding. We have asked for, upon meeting our butler, m&ms (regular and peanut), gummies, pb&j, and peanuts. These goodies were spread out during the week. Roland on Breakaway was our butler and he was fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

WE LOVED ROLAND!!!!! I can't say he's the best because he was our first butler but we sure loved him. Hope we have him in February again!!!!

On my last cruise, there were no peanut MnMs on board. The Concierge went off the ship on HER time off and bought me a gargantuan bag !

Y'all best tip these amazing people !

I wanted peanut butter M & M's but they didn't have them. So I got off the ship in San Juan and went to Walgreens and they didn't have them either!!!! I had to make due with tons of other wonderful food and sweets.