Carnival Stock ?'s

auscgguysgirl

I've received roughly $1500 in OBC and dividends since I purchased the stock about 4 years ago. Not bad.

Nice!

Good job

Who gets 14.3% raises these days at work?

Only CEO's perhaps?

Howard

Good information and thoughts here. I have been considering for awhile redirecting some of my retirement to purchase 100 shares. My company just went through a spinoff and merger with another company, resulting in the company turning off contributions to the existing 401K. The new company has established a new 401K. I need to decide in the next few months if I should to roll this into another 401K, leave it on it's own, or what I want to do with it. I am likely going to use part of it to purchase 100 shares of CCL and roll the reminder into another existing 401K.

Good information and thoughts here. I have been considering for awhile redirecting some of my retirement to purchase 100 shares. My company just went through a spinoff and merger with another company, resulting in the company turning off contributions to the existing 401K. The new company has established a new 401K. I need to decide in the next few months if I should to roll this into another 401K, leave it on it's own, or what I want to do with it. I am likely going to use part of it to purchase 100 shares of CCL and roll the reminder into another existing 401K.

I'm no financial expert but I use Fidelity and am happy with them.

I think you should confirm with your accountant about possibly doing a trustee to trustee transfer of your old 401k info a rollover IRA with a company like Fidelity or another one of your choice. Check expense ratio's and choice of investments of the 401k plans vs IRA's. Investing in ETF's (Exchange Traded Funds) have lower costs than mutual funds. 401k plans may not offer those choices?

Howard

• 9 months later...

This may be a dumb question but I am not at all versed in the stock scene. We have taken several cruises on Carnival and friends have told us to get stock. I opened an account but don't know which Carnival stock I need to get, or does it matter? Ticker symbols CCL, CUK, or CUK PF. We've been talking about this for 6 months and I'm finally going to take some action!

This may be a dumb question but I am not at all versed in the stock scene. We have taken several cruises on Carnival and friends have told us to get stock. I opened an account but don't know which Carnival stock I need to get, or does it matter? Ticker symbols CCL, CUK, or CUK PF. We've been talking about this for 6 months and I'm finally going to take some action!

CCL is the ticker...100 shares get's you the various numbers of on board credit.

Whatever firm you opened a brokerage account should be able to explain the stock classes to you.

If you are located in the US purchase 100 shares of CCL. It closed today at $68.77 up $1.70

Here is an explanation.

Hope this helps

https://seekingalpha.com/article/1315311-investigating-carnivals-dual-share-classes

Howard

So, I started this morning by calling the administrator of our 401k plan here at work. They do not allow for individual stock purchases through our plan and I cannot "add" a company to purchase stock from under the plan. That kinda sucks.

Having discovered that, how does one actually go about buying Carnival stock? I've never bought stock individually that was not through my 401k before.

And how does one get the "letter" to submit to carnival for the stock holder discount. Curious to see if we can make this work ... we certainly spend enough $$$ w/ carnival to make this worth while.

TIA!

My husband was able to purchase ccl stock through his 401k!

Sent from my iPad using Forums