Spirit Refurb - Norwegian Edge - Dry Dock

JVNYC

Where did you hear this? My cruise is August, 2019.....the ship may not be in great shape by then. Hmmm, rethinking this......

Don’t rethink it. It’s a fantastic itinerary and the Spirit is a great ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We booked a balcony cabin on the Spirit for the Baltic Cruise in August 2018 whilst on the Jewel (Tokyo-Seattle) cruise 10 days ago- seduced by the onboard discount and the Cruise Next deposits :). This will be our first balcony cabin, so, if there is a sewage smell, we will be able to open a window ...

I assume you mean August 2019.

Which one are you doing? We are on Southampton to Stockholm, but the other way is looking more popular.

Which one are you doing? We are on Southampton to Stockholm, but the other way is looking more popular.

Sorry, August 2019! We're on the Stockholm-Southampton leg - this will be our 3rd NCL cruise and I hope it will be as enjoyable as the previous two ... We'll have a whale of a time - sore feet from walking round all those ports, 3-4,000 photos, 2 inches on the waistline - and a stupid grin on the face from all the enjoyment :)

I booked the Stockholm to Southampton. I much prefer starting in beautiful Stockholm for a few days versus London and then traveling to Southampton. I also like that it includes Oslo, which is not offered on the Southampton to Stockholm.

Don’t rethink it. It’s a fantastic itinerary and the Spirit is a great ship.

Amen !!!

We were on the Spirit for the 11 day Adriatic and Greece out of Rome in April and had a fantastic time. Ship was lovely (albeit a tiny few things) and the staff were great.

So you can imagine why we booked the Spirit again after having been on the Spirit as our 20th NCL cruise.

I booked the Stockholm to Southampton. I much prefer starting in beautiful Stockholm for a few days versus London and then traveling to Southampton. I also like that it includes Oslo, which is not offered on the Southampton to Stockholm.

Yes, I agree, but we are Brit expats so prefer to start in Southampton after having flown in earlier to see family and doing business in the dreary old UK. Also we have been to Oslo before. We are planning on staying in Stockholm a few days post cruise before jetting off elsewhere to … TBD!!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Norwegian Cruise Line Press Releases

Norwegian Cruise Line Announces Enhancements to 2019 and 2020 Itineraries to Meet Strong Demand in Highly Sought After Destinations

Revitalized Norwegian Spirit to Serve China Market Seasonally Beginning Summer 2020

Norwegian Cruise Line remains committed to serving the Chinese cruise market and will deploy the 2,000 passenger Norwegian Spirit seasonally to the region beginning in summer 2020.  Prior to her arrival, Norwegian Spirit will undergo a previously scheduled bow-to-stern revitalization as the final ship to undergo enhancements under the Norwegian Edge® fleet refurbishment program.  In February 2020 her journey from Europe to Asia will feature several exclusive sailings with new calls for Norwegian Cruise Line including South Africa, Mauritius, Seychelles and Maldives.