Aruba Cruise

Sparks2710

My best friend wants to go to Aruba next year around November. I am doing some research right now and want your opinion. The three ships that are available during our time frame is Horizon, Sunshine, and Conquest. I would like your opinion on these ships. I know Horizon isn't out yet, but I am looking for feedback on the other two.

My other question, what was your experience in Aruba. Is it worth visiting? The three choices we have are: 1) Aruba, Grand Turk, Curacao, and La Romana on Horizon 2) Aruba, Grand Turk, and Curacao on Sunshine. 3) Aruba, Princess Cays, Curacao, and Grand Turk on Conquest.

Thanks so much everyone!!

Are they all 8 nighters? If so, then the Sunshine will have 4 sea days...which I would love but some prefer port days.

If you like colonial history...then pick the one with La Romana and make sure you do excursion to Santo Domingo.

If you are looking for beach and sun...then the private Island with Grand Turk would fit that well.

Aruba is worth going...quite an interesting landscape and more upscale than most islands.

If you are not locked into a 7/8 day cruise:

Carnival Pride

November 4-18, 2018

Departs Baltimore

Grand Turk, Aruba , Curacao, Barbados, St. Lucia and St. Maarten

6 days in port and 7 Sea days.

Karen

Aruba is definitely worth visiting. I've been there twice--once for a week's vacation and once as a stop on a cruise ship. There is tons to see and do there--it just depends on your interests.

If you like desert landscapes, you can take a tour of the interior (or even rent a car and do it yourself, which is what we did.)

If you like snorkeling, I highly recommend a boat tour to Boca Catalina and the Antilla wreck.

After 25 Caribbean cruises, Aruba is my favorite port stop. Been there three times and the last time four of us rented a jeep for the day and explored on our own and had a blast. Now, I would pick the Horizon because it's the newest and biggest in the fleet and that is how I roll these days. I would also recommend checking out the Havana area, which is currently on the Vista and will be on the Horizon. There are 14 inside and 44 balcony/lanai cabins. You get your own dedicated area on the aft of deck 5 with your own pool and 2 hot tubs. This video will sell you on the area.

The insides on the Vista are already sold out for January through April of 2018 for the 8 day southern itinerary you're looking at and on the Horizon for the sailing you're contemplating, five of the 12 Havana insides are already sold out, with both on deck 7 still available. It's also Thanksgiving week, so it will be popular. Good luck. We have this itinerary and ship reserved for Feb of 2019. Yes, in an inside Havana cabin.

I've been on both Sunshine (twice) and Conquest. I have to say both are excellent but the edge goes to Sunshine. More things to do and the serenity decks are fantastic. The spa is wonderful too.

Also, sounds like more sea days for the Sunshine sailing and those draw me in. More down time equals more relaxation for me.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Forums mobile app

After 25 Caribbean cruises, Aruba is my favorite port stop. Been there three times and the last time four of us rented a jeep for the day and explored on our own and had a blast. Now, I would pick the Horizon because it's the newest and biggest in the fleet and that is how I roll these days. I would also recommend checking out the Havana area, which is currently on the Vista and will be on the Horizon. There are 14 inside and 44 balcony/lanai cabins. You get your own dedicated area on the aft of deck 5 with your own pool and 2 hot tubs. This video will sell you on the area.
The insides on the Vista are already sold out for January through April of 2018 for the 8 day southern itinerary you're looking at and on the Horizon for the sailing you're contemplating, five of the 12 Havana insides are already sold out, with both on deck 7 still available. It's also Thanksgiving week, so it will be popular. Good luck. We have this itinerary and ship reserved for Feb of 2019. Yes, in an inside Havana cabin.

Thanks for your response. I've never done inside cabins so I was wondering your experience with them. The video you shared was wonderful and it definitely sold me on wanting a Havana cabin.

I've done #1 on the Sunshine (I didn't like the ship/deck I was on, see below), and will be doing #2 on the Magic in August. I loved the 8 day itinerary, and would do either itinerary on any ship. I wouldn't exclude the Sunshine even though we had sewage backups, leaks, and non-working toilets on our floor at several different times during the cruise (seemed to be an isolated occurrence to that deck).

My best friend wants to go to Aruba next year around November. I am doing some research right now and want your opinion. The three ships that are available during our time frame is Horizon, Sunshine, and Conquest. I would like your opinion on these ships. I know Horizon isn't out yet, but I am looking for feedback on the other two.

My other question, what was your experience in Aruba. Is it worth visiting? The three choices we have are: 1) Aruba, Grand Turk, Curacao, and La Romana on Horizon 2) Aruba, Grand Turk, and Curacao on Sunshine. 3) Aruba, Princess Cays, Curacao, and Grand Turk on Conquest.

Thanks so much everyone!!

Thanks for your response. I've never done inside cabins so I was wondering your experience with them. The video you shared was wonderful and it definitely sold me on wanting a Havana cabin.

There is a video on YouTube that is specific regarding Havana inside cabin. I have done 23 inside and 6 balcony cabins on my 29 cruises. I cruise for value and 3 of the 6 balconies were package deals on Celebrity. The other 3 were on Carnival, twice redeeming points and the last one was a free upgrade from a 4H cabin.

The Havana area looks great and everyone that has written about it raves about the fact that it's never crowded, even on sea days, as you saw in the video. For the price difference between the Havana inside and lanai, I would rather spend that money on the Cheers program. We have it booked in 2018 out of NYC and again in 2019 out of Miami.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app