Cheapest place to get a bunch of Belikin near port?

imgagesmom

The best place is probably a local supermarket. The downtown Bodies, a short walk over the swing bridge might carry Belikin. But I'd grab a taxi and have the driver take you to a local supermarket--probably another Bodies along on of the highways. You can try going to Ladyville and stop at their brewery.

Assuming you can get it back on the ship, DO NOT buy it cold. It will be placed in an unrefrigerated storage unit. until you debark after the cruise.

Bottom Dalla` is on the same road as the port, on the same side of the bridge. All stores sell it for $3 bz. $1.50 us. Plus .25 per bottle and $5. for the plastic crate that holds 24 bottles. I would use the crate for transport. then you have a cheap souvenirTacklebox+2011+106.jpg?resize=480%2C640.

I may be mistaken, but I don't believe they'll let you bring a "bunch of beer" on board at ports... Bottles of duty free liquor, yes, but I don't believe they allow beer, much less a "bunch of beer"

I may be mistaken, but I don't believe they'll let you bring a "bunch of beer" on board at ports... Bottles of duty free liquor, yes, but I don't believe they allow beer, much less a "bunch of beer"

I don't think that would be an issue. You would have to check it just like you do a bottle of liquor, until the end of the cruise, but I don't think there is any rule against this. Not that I've ever heard. We've taken beer from some ports and had them checked until the end of the cruise (not a case, but a six pack for sure). I don't think quantity should make a difference.

Quantity could make a difference at US Customs on return. While a case might not raise eyebrows or even one of the crates in WTG's pix, but I would assume, more cases or crates would incur duties fees and may be confiscated if the OP doesn't have an importer license.

OP, while Belikin isn't anywhere near the best beer in the world, it is a good beer. They make 4 different beers, Lighthouse, Belikin, Belikin Premium and a Stout. The brewery is also the local brewer for Guinness. I suggest you get a variety of each to try and share at home.

Got drunk in the caymans, and thought it would be cool to bring back a 24pk of caybrew. Back on the ship the guy at the liquor desk looked at me kind of funny, but he took and it was retrieved safely on the last morning. This must not happen often because the guy at customs burst out laughing when he looked at my declaration card and said "24 beers are you serious"?

caybrew.jpg.53b9eb48baf6cfc9f08d3b08a2e8f850.jpg