Montego Bay stop - recommendations on excursions?

jvp1163

Hi - looking for input on excursions for Montego Bay. We are doing Stingray City/Sea Turtles in Grand Cayman + Mr. Sancho's (all-inclusive beach/pool/water inflatables) in Cozumel - booked directly online.

So - an alternate idea for Jamaica would be great! Saw Margaritaville online...looks interesting for a couple of hours maybe?

No zip-lining, ATVs, rafting or shopping given the mix of our group (adults, kids) ...doesn't have to be booked with CCL either, but could if there's an excursion that is highly rated. :)

TIA!

Carnival Breeze - 11 days - Spring Break 2017!

I would recommend staying on the ship in Montego Bay. Montego Bay is a horrible port with nothing close. Dunns River Falls is a very long bus ride and not worth it from MoBay in my opinion. Even the small shopping area in Montego Bay is pretty sad. If you wander outside the small shopping area the locals will hound you to death.

This port should be removed from all cruises. We were there in January, our 3rd or 4th time, and it was just as horrible as the first time. Nothing close, and a very industrial port. Think of Freeport, only worse. A very long, and in my opinion, dangerous bus ride to any decent excursion.

Enjoy a somewhat quieter ship on that day. Others may disagree, but that is my opinion.:cool::cool:

We're going in November and looking at the tour of Rose Hill mansion. We're planning on the same stuff in cayman and Cozumel as your group. Thinking rose hill would give us a nice history of the island. Afterward may stop at doctors cave for the beach on the way back to the ship. Hope this gives you another option.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We enjoyed Doctor's Cave Beach. A bit of a ride from the port, but taxi vans were waiting and then there were plenty to come back. More expensive than the AI deal for Mr. Sancho's (we did that, too), but the beach is much less crowded. Friends had done Rose Hill Mansion in the past and enjoyed that.

We enjoyed Doctor's Cave Beach. A bit of a ride from the port, but taxi vans were waiting and then there were plenty to come back. More expensive than the AI deal for Mr. Sancho's (we did that, too), but the beach is much less crowded. Friends had done Rose Hill Mansion in the past and enjoyed that.

Dr Caves Beach is nice and only about a 10 minute bus ride. Pay about 6 bucks to get in and about the same for chairs and umbrella.

Just keep saying no thank you to all the people offering you pot.