Carnival Splendor?

Yes We Can

We are having engine trouble. Not making it to St Thomas.

Oh please don't say that. We're on the Splendor on 03/26 and we have an amazing excursion booked in St. Thomas... :o (sorry.. that sounds really selfish. I hope you all get to everything else!!)

My niece is keeping me informed as she is on the ship.

"Due to maxing speed not being able to be reached we are coming back to Miami right now and getting there hopefully Sunday on time. We are not stopping today at St. Thomas or tomorrow in Amber Cove."

I wonder if her the scrapping of her sister, Costa Concordia, has been completed - it would be a real possibility given that it was still taking place in January.

Sent from my eye phone using Forums FFS

I'm lost, what does the scrapping of the Concordia have to do with the problems the Splendor is having?

Concordia and Splendor are sister ships as Splendor was originally ordered for Costa - it would be a rather spooky coincidence if Concorida's scrapping was completed and Splendor started having problems.

Sent from my eye phone using Forums FFS

We sail on 3/5 hope it gets fixed we received an e mail stating ship should arrive to Miami Sunday and they will have technicians working on it. I don't mind leaving late but they better not cancel whole trip

I might suggest you brace yourself for some itinerary change.... unless it is just a quickie fix, I would think they might want to keep the ship in closer range?

I pray everyone currently on board is safe and makes it home okay - I am sorry for all of them.

I am sick over this. I'm on a b2b and scheduled on the Splendor for both 3/5 and 3/12 itineraries. Airfare bought, bags packed; 18 days off from work. EVERYTHING is set. Then I get an email that the very boat we're supposed to get on is limping its way back to port. The itineraries aren't overly important to us personally (feel terrible for those who are looking forward to the stops) since the boat is our destination. I just hope it is safe to leave port and be gone for 7 days. Dear God.

They will not sail if not safe... guaranteed... besides...The coast guard will board in Miami and will not let it leave port if not safe. But if this follows usual sequence of events, I might prep for some itinerary changes IMO. Looks like cruising speed is limited and guests report only one prop working... hope you are flexible and enjoy your cruise regardless...

My wife along with several girlfriends are on the Splendor right now. I'm heading to FLL this weekend and we are booked on Holland America Nieuw Amsterdam that sails at 4:00pm Sunday. I'm now worried my wife might not arrive in Miami in time to make our voyage out of Fort Lauderdale.

To make matters worse, the cruise line will only let you board at a port that is non tendered if she misses the ship. That would mean joining me on day 5 in Cozumel and that is not going to work. Glad I bought trip insurance but I'm flying all the way from Seattle tomorrow and taking my chance on everything will be okay.

We are also scheduled to ship out on 3/5 on Splendor. I hope everyone currently on board is safe and sound. Really hope they are able to fix it promptly and still keep our itinerary. We booked specifically for the multiple ports, beaches and snorkeling. I would be pretty upset with the compensation they are offering to the current guests, does not seem adequate for losing half your port stops.

My son is currently onboard. They've refunded port charges from St Thomas and also Amber Cove. In addition they are giving 100 bucks and 25% off of a future cruise. My son said that alot of people are fighting with the staff to get more. If there are any further updates from him I will be sure to post

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have friends flying in from Indiana to sail with us on Sunday on the Splendor. My only concern is if they let us sail but end up sending us to Key West and the Bahamas? Not going to be a happy cruiser if that is where they say we have to go. Does anyone know if they totally change the itinerary of we have the option of cancelling with a full refund? I would rather cancel and go at a later time than spend 7 days going to Key West and the Bahamas.