Does Anyone Enjoy Booking Ocean-View Cabins Over Balconies ?

FlaGrl4Evr

I've done both and will never go back to OV again. Having the balcony makes the room seem so much larger. And I love to be able to sit outside in my robe and drink tea in the morning or enjoy a little quiet time before dinner. But for some people that may not be important to them. It's all about what you like. [emoji847]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We booked an Ocean View for our first Cruise. It was nice, but in my opinion it's even nicer to be able to sit/stand on your balcony as the ship pulls into and pulls away from the ports. There's also nothing like a drink in your hand, fresh air, and watching the beautiful sunsets. In my opinion, once you book a balcony cabin you won't want anything else :D

Beautiful photos!

On RCL the ocean view rooms have the beds with the head of the bed against the window wall. I find it more comfortable to sleep in rough seas this way. On Carnival the layouts are the same so I get the balcony and just sleep on the couch if I have trouble sleeping in rough seas

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm impartial. I do prefer either to an indoor because I need some semblance of day/night cycles. Usually I'm more concerned with having a big window (which is never a problem with a balcony) and rooms close to my family and friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Bought a window cabin on the Sunshine while cruising on the Conquest. The difference in pricing from a Deck 2, Mid Ship Window to a Deck 6, Forward Balcony was $529 or $66 a day for an 8 day cruise. Each higher deck would have raised the price even more.

It's like I won a $500 Carnival Bingo with a drink or two thrown in and you didn't have to invest in any Bingo cards.

No, no and no! Balcony or OS hands down, just part of the whole experience for us...

I agree. I won't go unless I have a balcony. I get sick of the noise and crowds and like to retreat to my balcony to read in peace. We have an OS on our next Carnival cruise and a Havana Aft Wrap on the one after that. In between those cruises we have an aft JS with a wrap around balcony on Royal Caribbean. My favorite cabins are the Vista and Penthouse suites that are aft facing on Princess. We have had some balconies as large as a cabin on Princess.

First cruise we ever took was a Balcony, LOVED IT! last two cruise's we took we did OV on one, i didn't enjoy it. Then we did a Double inside cabin and we'll never do that again. This next cruise is a Balcony and thats what we'll get from here on out.