Carnival or Norwegian for 9-14 Year Olds?

LuCruise

I'm Royal biased but prices seem to be skyrocketing. We were on Allure and not sure we can beat that, but if we are going to stray from Royal, do you recommend a Carnival Ship or Norwegian?

Flying out if Florida or New York makes works best. We would want a ship with water slides, other kids activities and family friendly shows.

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

We did a cruise on getaway with our kids, and they loved it, but they also loved the Carnival cruise we did. I think the rockwall, bungee trampoline and ropes course might make the balance tip slightly to Getaway, but on Carnival they really liked the kids' comedy show, and they really liked having the same waiter every night. Water slides were great on both ships. I think I did like that NCL had a separate kids' pool, but some people might find that irritating (as you're segregated from the adults, and it is small). I find it kind of a pain to be switching restaurants every night -- the service was slow and inconsistent (more like a land restaurant, rather than a cruise). I would likely pick based on individual ship, itinerary, etc.

Thank you for the replies. I have been eyeing the Norwegian and was leaning towards it as I think we would like that too with the different activities. But in the end, we stuck with what we know and booked Royal cruise...the new one with water slides. I will say that it's pricey, but we have 2 years to save so that justifies the cost.