Drink Package

JoTop

I'm thinking about getting the drink package. Found out my DD15 friend and her family will be on the same cruise. So, I'll have a drinking buddy.

However, I'm not a heavy drinker. Is it worth it?

I enjoy the frozen drinks. I usually drink Daiquiris or Margeritas. What other drinks should I try? How do I order to be under the $13 limit.

Again, sorry to ask stupid questions. My husband don't drink and I pretty much will drink on cruises. Thanks for any suggestions!!

Edited by JoTop

I believe the limit for drinks purchased using the beverage package is $12 on RCI. Unless you specify an expensive liquor brand, most drinks are less than this.

If you are only drinking alcoholic beverages, you need to have about six a day (including port days) to cover the cost of the package. Non-alcoholic drinks, bottled water, specialty coffees and teas, and sodas are included that might make the package a better deal if you don't think you will want six alcoholic drinks a day.

I'm guessing you are talking about Royal's package. Is it worth it? For me, it works. If you fit in four or more drinks a day, you're covered. One or two by the pool in the afternoon. Maybe one before dinner. Wine during dinner. An after dinner drink. They add up. Plus the package includes specialty coffees.

I've yet to find a mixed drink that exceeds $13.

What drinks should you try? Pretty much anything your heart desires.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Has anyone cruised the Eastern Caribbean in late Oct. to early Nov. during hurricane season? Was your ship rerouted?

Suggest you start a new thread with an appropriate title to get more attention and response.

I'm thinking about getting the drink package. Found out my DD15 friend and her family will be on the same cruise. So, I'll have a drinking buddy.

I enjoy the frozen drinks. I usually drink Daiquiris or Margeritas. What other drinks should I try? How do I order to be under the $13 limit.

Again, sorry to ask stupid questions. My husband don't drink and I pretty much will drink on cruises. Thanks for any suggestions!!

Suggest you check the price of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverage that you believe you will drink daily during your cruise. Usually, about 5 alcoholic drinks and the regular number and combination of non-alcoholic drinks one take a day, is the breakeven point. So if you drink more, the more worth it is.

When you order a drink, they will use the brand of liquor that fits the package. If you want some fancy "top shelf" booze, it may put the cost of the drink over the limit...so don't order fancy-schmancy stuff! In a "mixed" drink cocktail, you shouldn't be able to taste the booze, anyway!

Has anyone cruised the Eastern Caribbean in late Oct. to early Nov. during hurricane season? Was your ship rerouted?

Yes we have and no it wasn't. Actually has never happened on any ship or any itinerary we've been on from June through November. But that is impossible to predict as it is entirely dependent on the weather and sea conditions along the route of your itinerary at the time of your cruise.

Agree with moving this thread.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

The majority of the drinks are within the per drink value limit and as to whether or not it is worth it, the typical break even is about 6 - 7 drinks per day every day.

Keeo in mind, if you are not a heavy drinker, you can always order non alcoholic colladas etc.., which do cost money if you dont have a drink package. We always drink virgin bloody mary's in the morning which cost as well without the package. And then mix in a few non alcoholic fruity drinks through out the day

Thank you all for your input! If I get fresh squeezed orange juice and drink some it. Can I give my husband the rest of it? I don't like to waste.

Also, I'm glad when I order a drink they'll give me what the package will cover.

Thank you all for your input! If I get fresh squeezed orange juice and drink some it. Can I give my husband the rest of it? I don't like to waste.

Also, I'm glad when I order a drink they'll give me what the package will cover.

If by the books, no. But it really depends on how much is left. I don't think they are strict on non-alcoholic beverages.

Can anyone please advise on drinks package being a 'first time cruiser'. :)

Myself and my hubbie travelling and would like some beer and wine. Plus I enjoy coffee but I believe you do get coffee in the buffet although I think I read if u want tge speciality coffees you buy the 'coffee cuddle', is this correct? Any advice would be great thanks. #sparkle

Myself and my hubbie travelling and would like some beer and wine. Plus I enjoy coffee but I believe you do get coffee in the buffet although I think I read if u want tge speciality coffees you buy the 'coffee cuddle', is this correct? Any advice would be great thanks. #sparkle

Each cruise line have their own set of drinks package, prices and policy. What cruise line are you (or planning on) sailing?

Oh sorry, I thought I had put that! It's MSC Davina. Can u help atall? It's good someone is reading this lol!! Thanks

Check the drink packages and prices available on MSC to know which is appropriate for your. Please note that the All-Inclusive Packages, covering alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages must be purchased by all guests in a cabin. So you need to buy 2 packages if you choose this.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Already-Booked/Cruise-Upgrade/All-Inclusive-Packages.aspx

I have read all the above, don't worry! More interested in buying the vouchers as all incl seems to be for people with alcoholic tendencies! 🙄 I'm more of a moderate/social drinker. Pretty sure there is a voucher system but wanting to find out info re buying in dollar dollar over there or in UK before we leave. Thank u