RCCL Suites

CurtS

Can anyone advise me of how many people can stay in an RCCL suite? We have a rather large family (six children to be exact) and booked two staterooms on DCL last year. Next year we're going with RCCL and considering a suite and possibly an interior stateroom instead of two outer staterooms. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Curt

I've never stayed in a suite but, from what I understand, the more important thing to consider is how many people are sharing ONE bathroom!

From my readings on this board, it is better to do one outside stateroom (oceanview, balcony or js) and one inside stateroom directly accross. You can use a baby monitor to monitor the kids room.

You do have to register an adult (18 yrs or older) in the room, but the adult doesnt actually have to sleep there.

HOW OLD ARE THE KIDS??? Your answer will better guide us in finding a solution. You can have 3 pax in a Jr Suite and 3 pax in an inside cabin...that would probably be the least expensive way out...but you would need 2 inside cabins. This is a hard question to answer unless we know the ages and who will want to stay with who...male/female etc.

ROSS

Depending on which suite, some of them will hold up to 5 passengers. The Royal Family Suite will hold even more. Family Oceanview staterooms will hold 6 people. Some regular staterooms (inside, oceanview, and balcony) will hold 4 people. The new Freedom of the Seas will have a Presidential Family Suite which will hold up to 14 people (but it is booked until the end of time). Freedom will also have family inside and family promenade staterooms. I noticed that on Freedom many of the family staterooms are connecting so that might be an easier way of putting all the family together.

Your best bet is to call a TA or RCI. Even if a stateroom can hold more than 4 people, it still won't show up as available online because the maximum to book online is 4.

Thank you, everyone, for your responses. Our kids will be 6, 7, 10, 11, 12 and 13 at the time of cruising. I think sas80's advice is probably the best one--keep the older kids in an inside room with a monitor and stay in an oceanview or verandah room with the two younger ones across the hall. Thank you for all of your help.

Curt

The Royal Family Suite will hold all 8 of you in a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom suite. We found it reasonable since you pay for the first 2 then lower rates for all additional passengers. There is a master bed with bath, a second bedroom hold 4 in sigle beds and a sleeper sofa in the living room sleeps 2 more. These have a verandah also.

Curt - I believe there has to be an adult for every room booked. I know people don't always stay in the room they have booked, but I don't think you can book 3 cabins with only 2 adults. I could be wrong.

I think your best bet is the Royal Family Suite, they will hit you hard for the first two, but after that it gets cheaper. I would imagine it may be close to what you would be paying for the 3 cabins.

Curt - I believe there has to be an adult for every room booked. I know people don't always stay in the room they have booked, but I don't think you can book 3 cabins with only 2 adults. I could be wrong.

I think your best bet is the Royal Family Suite, they will hit you hard for the first two, but after that it gets cheaper. I would imagine it may be close to what you would be paying for the 3 cabins.

This is correct in most cases. However, for families different rules apply. It states quite clearly that minor children travelling with their parents may be booked into a separate cabin as long as it is adjoining or close by. Some RCI agents (and perhaps TAs?) do not know this (or remember it at least) and often try to insist that parents and their own children must be booked with an adult in each cabin. Now, if adults are travelling with minors who are not their children, then the rule does apply and an adult must be booked for each cabin.

Did that make sense, or am I rambling again?

beachchick

Wow...were you busy. Four kids right in a row, one a year!! I give you a lot of credit raising them alll, and to boot taking them all on vacation.

BTY some of the suite that I have stayed in have had one and a half bathroooms. Dont know if this is true of the ship that you will be on.

We stayed in a junior suite on Jewel of the Seas. It would sleep two children in the sofabed comfortably. There is a curtain separating the king bed from the sofa area. I would suggest comparing the larger suite with two bedrooms to the cost of a junior suite and an inside. You can book your name in one cabin and hubby's name in the other to cover the one adult per cabin rule. Then just make your own sleeping arrangements once you are onboard.

Other than the bigger room, what other extras do you get with a family suite?

A lot of little things. Having just cruised (NOS, 10/15-10/22), its still fresh in my mind. Along with the two C&A credits:

1) Nice Deep Bathtub in Master Bathroom.

2) DVD Player with Bose Speakers.

3) Two TVs

4) Sofabed (full/queen)

5) Sleeps 8 (2-Master, 4-2nd Bedroom & 2-Living Room)

6) Nice Extra Large Balcony (4 chairs, 2 lounge & 1 Large Table)

7) Preferred Dining Room Table Assignments (near Captain's Table)

8) Conceirge Club (access to DVDs & assistance with making various ship & shore reservations)

9) Preference with Disembarkation

10) Robes and Extra Closet/Storage Space

11) Extra Space that two adjoining rooms wouldn't have

and

12) Additional Suggested Stateroom Attendent TIP ($42-45/pp week)

For picutures of the room and cruise:

homepage.mac.com/psakid/PhotoAlbum16.html

Archived