Price of Cruise went down $500! Now what?

Hello all you very helpful people. I just returned from Allure and booked my next cruise onboard with a $200 OBC. I've been checking RCCL's website daily because I'm OBSESSED. Did I choose the right cruise? Should I change it? Will there be a better deal? And low and behold the cruise I booked for the same room is now $500 less. I have no experience with changing a booking. Do I have to call RCCL? Will I lose my OBC? (not a huge deal because it's still a better deal). Advice appreciated!

Call RC immediately and request a proe adjustment. You won't lose OBC you got from booking on board, but if part of the OBC you have is from some other promo, you may lose that.

Thanks! I'm out and about how and when I search the cruise on my phone it's the original price. At home, on my desktop, it's definitely cheaper. I checked and triple checked. Hoping it's the same when I get home. I even took a screenshot.

And I'll definitely Google that. It will save me some OCD site checking. ;p

If you had a travel agent, and they worked on Saturday like ours does, you could just shoot off an email to them.:)

Well, I'm stupid. Apparently my phone shows me prices with taxes and fees but the desktop doesn't until the last step. It's actually only $39 cheaper. Not sure that's worth calling although it is dinner at Chops. hmmm.

Well, I'm stupid. Apparently my phone shows me prices with taxes and fees but the desktop doesn't until the last step. It's actually only $39 cheaper. Not sure that's worth calling although it is dinner at Chops. hmmm.

Don't forget you may lose the OBC so actually be worse off

Nope, I'm actually not as stupid as I thought. I just checked my screenshot and it says 4,388 * includes Taxes and Fees. But now on the website it's 4,766. I'm so annoyed! I should have called immediately. Too bad I had to go pick up my daughter from Driver's Ed! I almost wonder if it was a glitch?

It happened to me once as well. I saw a price drop while I was at work and figured I would call when I went home for lunch. Well you can guess where this is going. By the time I got home at lunchtime the price had gone back up.

That always hurts!!! I'm addicted to checking prices, but try not to even look unless I can drop what I'm doing at that moment and call.

Hopefully it will drop again this weekend.

Yes,now I'm going to be even more addicted to checking!

Is there a time limit for this? We booked around Feb 15 and paid in full on Feb 27. I looked earlier today and it's down about $150. We did have an onboard credit of $50 as part of booking. Just call and ask for a refund of the difference?

Is there a time limit for this? We booked around Feb 15 and paid in full on Feb 27. I looked earlier today and it's down about $150. We did have an onboard credit of $50 as part of booking. Just call and ask for a refund of the difference?

If you are after final payment DATE you are out of luck - if you paid in full early before final payment you can still get an adjustment. Ask the rep if you will loose your obc before making the change - they will tell you. If its down $150 and you have $50 obc credit and loose it - your still $100 ahead

Royal will not give you any kind of credit after final payment date.

For me, once and done. If I liked the deal when I struck it, that is fine. As a percentage of savings to the gross it is nit a big deal

I'm ususally like that too, but a couple times I've saved $500+ by making a 10 minute phone call. That's over 20% lower than the original booking price. That's way past my not a big deal threshold :D