Larger Inside Cabins on Britannia Questions

janny444

Hi....can anyone please tell me if the larger OA inside cabins are worth paying the extra over a standard inside cabin?

Has anyone ever received a complimentary upgrade when they have booked this grade and if so what were you upgraded to? It would be saver fare so I realise that we would be "bottom of the pile" when it comes to upgrades.

If you search on Youtube for:

P&O BRITANNIA Cabins - Standard Inside

and

P&O BRITANNIA Cabins - Larger Inside

you will find a couple of cabin tours; B517 (standard) and B323 (larger) I have not put links on these as the videos appear to be TA sponsored but are informative of the types available. It is suggested the standard ones are of a good size in comparison to what you might generally expect. So standard might suffice. The upside of choosing standard is that you can choose A,B,C,D,E,F & G decks. With the larger size you can choose A,B & C decks. On some fare basis bookings you cannot chose your actual cabin and therefore deck but if you go, larger it's going to be easier to see where you should end up.

A "Guarantee Booking" for an OA, top grade larger inside cabin will, in my opinion give you the greatest chance of free upgrade to Obstructed Balcony of better. These balcony cabins are good. My understanding of the Balcony Cabin range is that they are generally the same size as a standard inside. You need to assess the perceived merits against your quoted fares to help come to a decision.

Regards John

I saw a larger inside cabin on our ship visit to Britannia last year and thought it very impressive. I would book it as an early saver/saver (and I normally book select) because as there aren't any many of them on the ship you can see exactly where you are likely to be. I would pick the top tier as they are on B and C deck and have cabins above and below whereas some of the A deck ones are below the pool which I wouldn't be keen on.

I wondered where you may get upgraded to as well if I picked one of these, John's suggestions sounds likely.

I must read these more carefully I am sure this said lager in inside cabins. I thought now there is a good concept. :). :). :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I must read these more carefully I am sure this said lager in inside cabins. I thought now there is a good concept. :). :). :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Correct Dai these are available too; the with draught option is the higher grade. No draught type is cheaper which surprises many people.

Regards John

Thank you John & P&O Sue for your comments. I was thinking along the lines of if and I know it is a big if we were fortunate enough to receive an upgrade itt would possibly be an obstructed balcony cabin. We usually have a balcony cabin but we have also had inside cabins which for us is no problem...all depends on the price difference as to whether it is worth it for us. I was also thinking along the lines that if it is a larger cabin it may not feel quite as "hemmed in".

Last cruise we were on last September....different cruise line... we had a balcony cabin ...all inclusive for £85 per night so that was certainly worth it to have a balcony cabin.

:hearteyes:

Thank you John & P&O Sue for your comments. I was thinking along the lines of if and I know it is a big if we were fortunate enough to receive an upgrade itt would possibly be an obstructed balcony cabin. We usually have a balcony cabin but we have also had inside cabins which for us is no problem...all depends on the price difference as to whether it is worth it for us. I was also thinking along the lines that if it is a larger cabin it may not feel quite as "hemmed in".

Last cruise we were on last September....different cruise line... we had a balcony cabin ...all inclusive for £85 per night so that was certainly worth it to have a balcony cabin.

I have never seen inside a larger cabin before my ship visit and those on Britannia really did seem very roomy :)

hi janny444, we had one of the larger insides on britannia last november. deck B. considering we had an inside on the azura i would say they appear to have loads more room. certainly around the bed and the gap between the dressing table and the bottom of the bed meant you didnt have to move to let someone past.also the shower is a double size from a normal inside. the flatscreen tv above the dressing table makes for more space as azura used those old fashioned crt tv`s, bulky even for a small portable.the area for clothes is to one side and does not impact much into the space for the bathroom. certainly worth booking. we like balconies but sometimes the cost doesnt justify it. certainly on britannia for that cruise as the balconies are small. hope you get what you want out of the cruise and enjoy it as the holiday isnt about staying in your room.