Yacht Club - Royal Yacht 3

Ember50

YC3- Suite - Michelangelo

Hi we sail Aug 5th on the Splendida. There is not a lot of info out there (guest videos etc) of this suite or too many reviews it seems.

If you have experience of YC3 with MSC can you drop us some notes on what you thought?

Indeed it would be great to hear from someone recently in that room.

Thank you!

Ember

We are staying in a YC3 on the Divina later this month. According to the MSC website, they have the same configuration as the Spendida. We have only stayed on the Divina.

We only stay in a YC2 or YC3 because they are huge compared to the other YC cabins. My absolute favorite is the YC2 because the cabin itself is much bigger...but no balcony. The bathroom is twice the size with a separate shower & 2 sinks.

Anyway.. you are curious about the YC3. The main reason we have chosen that for this cruise is the location.

We are right next to one of those Swavarski Crystal staircases that go directly down to the Top Sail lounge. YC2 are on a totally different deck from the lounge as we are getting so old that the walk is taken into consideration.

You do have to step into the tub for the shower. We have found the 'balcony' to be almost unusable. It is VERY narrow. Being that you are on the very front of the ship, the wind can be awful. You definitely will never leave that balcony door open.

On the bright side...you have 2 totally separate rooms. The bedroom closes off from the living room with solid doors so if you are napping in the bedroom & someone is watching TV in the living room, it will not disturb you.

You also have a TV in the bedroom.

I order coffee for 7am. It is really nice to have the butler bring it in the living room. My husband usually takes just a bit longer to get up and he is not disturbed at all by this.

We are staying in a YC3 on the Divina later this month. According to the MSC website, they have the same configuration as the Spendida. We have only stayed on the Divina.

We only stay in a YC2 or YC3 because they are huge compared to the other YC cabins. My absolute favorite is the YC2 because the cabin itself is much bigger...but no balcony. The bathroom is twice the size with a separate shower & 2 sinks.

Anyway.. you are curious about the YC3. The main reason we have chosen that for this cruise is the location.

We are right next to one of those Swavarski Crystal staircases that go directly down to the Top Sail lounge. YC2 are on a totally different deck from the lounge as we are getting so old that the walk is taken into consideration.

You do have to step into the tub for the shower. We have found the 'balcony' to be almost unusable. It is VERY narrow. Being that you are on the very front of the ship, the wind can be awful. You definitely will never leave that balcony door open.

On the bright side...you have 2 totally separate rooms. The bedroom closes off from the living room with solid doors so if you are napping in the bedroom & someone is watching TV in the living room, it will not disturb you.

You also have a TV in the bedroom.

I order coffee for 7am. It is really nice to have the butler bring it in the living room. My husband usually takes just a bit longer to get up and he is not disturbed at all by this.

How big is the couch for pax 3 and 4? We also have a YC1 and wondering how to split up teenage DS and his friend.

YC3- Suite - Michelangelo

Hi we sail Aug 5th on the Splendida. There is not a lot of info out there (guest videos etc) of this suite or too many reviews it seems.

If you have experience of YC3 with MSC can you drop us some notes on what you thought?

Indeed it would be great to hear from someone recently in that room.

Thank you!

Ember

If the rooms are similar across the two ships, aeeckhardt is back from their trip and they said they'd post soom pics of 16008.

The Royal Suite is a great cabin. Very spacious and lot's of storage. Huge balcony but it might be a bit windy out there due to the location of the cabin.

We sailed in a Royal Suite on the sistership of MSC Splendida and MSC Divina, the MSC Fantasia. There are two Royal Suites on each ship, located forward on deck 16. The best location on the ship :)

Have a look at my video from Royal Suite 16007 on the MSC Fantasia. The only difference from MSC Splendida is the decor colours. Enjoy your cruise :)

[YOUTUBE]TQIlDfkQDfs[/YOUTUBE]

Hi , thank you for the information!

I am used to sailing on NCL and Celebrity Suites so am a little worried I will feel disappointed with the bathrooms on MSC.

Bathrooms were outstanding on ym previous cruises.

I think I will enjoy the balcony to sit and take in the ports...

The Royal Suite is a great cabin. Very spacious and lot's of storage. Huge balcony but it might be a bit windy out there due to the location of the cabin.

We sailed in a Royal Suite on the sistership of MSC Splendida and MSC Divina, the MSC Fantasia. There are two Royal Suites on each ship, located forward on deck 16. The best location on the ship :)

Have a look at my video from Royal Suite 16007 on the MSC Fantasia. The only difference from MSC Splendida is the decor colours. Enjoy your cruise :)

TQIlDfkQDfs

I just got back from the Divina in the YC3 last Saturday. I actually found the balcony more useable than I had been led to believe. We were able to stand out there and leave the door open most nights, however, we often had to keep the bedroom door shut to keep it from swinging annoyingly, so there was no point in keeping the balcony door open while we slept.

The couch is a small two cushion love seat. We never had it pulled out, so I cannot say how long it is, but I'd say, width wise, it's best for one adult or possibly two small children.

16008 is on the opposite side of the crystal staircase, but there was another doorway near our room to bring you to the staircase, you just have to walk over to the other side to go down it, not a big deal. 16007 is also a bit closer to the elevator that goes from 14 (spa) to 18 (One Pool).

The bathroom is definitely smaller than in any Suite I've seen before. The two of us really couldn't be in there at the same time. The bathtub is a bit high to step over, as well. There was only the one walk in closet, same amount of hanging space as an average cabin, with a cabinet of about 5 small drawers. I brought a pack of 5 magnetic hooks which were great for hats, scarves, cover-ups, and other lightweight items. There was some unused cabinet space in the living room next to the mini bar, so that could come in handy for the 3rd passenger.

Overall, we loved the room. I really wish the bedroom had a slider. It's just a large window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk