My Royal Princess review 2/18/17- 2/28/17

Noblarneyimirish

so nice to read a positive honest review.. thank you..we too have cruised many lines and have heard that the Royal is a beautiful ship. We booked our March 10 cruise based on the ports and loved the pictures you posted. Love your hubby's bathing trunks...nice to make people smile. You didn't mention the formal nights...how dressy were people?:halo:

We have heard conflicting stories. (My husband would love to leave his suit home...lol)

Ohhh, I forgot formal nights. We opted to go to the Crown Grill both formal nights. While we make ourselves look nice we no longer dress formal on any cruise. My hubby does dress pants and dress shirt and feels comfortable. I felt like had we eaten in the dining room we would have blended in nicely. I say leave the suit jacket at home [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Food:

There is a seafood bar onboard. The serve lobster rolls and other seafood salads. It's charged ala carte. My husband likes his lobster roll. I had a Crab margarita salad. It was amazing. I think it was 6.95 for each item. We had lunch here twice

Enjoying your posts on the Royal! We will be boarding her soon!! Same itinerary as well! I have not seen much the Royal in general, but the I'm excited about seafood bar now. I'm sure we will try it for lunch a few days as well. :)

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Love hubby's T shirt! Thanks for taking the time to write a review! Last year, DH saw a guy with a great T shirt & came home and ordered himself one, it may need to be your DH's next one...it says :

I don't need GOOGLE, my wife knows everything!

Wait till you see the reactions! It's a hoot! :')

Loved your review. We were on the Regal for 12 days in 2015 and will be doing 21 days on the Royal later this year. I believe that you will find the average age increases as the cruise days increase. Younger people and families are more prevalent on cruises of seven days or less.

Loved your review. We were on the Regal for 12 days in 2015 and will be doing 21 days on the Royal later this year. I believe that you will find the average age increases as the cruise days increase. Younger people and families are more prevalent on cruises of seven days or less.

That makes sense. I don't mind traveling with a older crowd :) I prefer that over the spring break college kids.