Caribbean Princess vs. Carnival Glory

bryan0505

Bryan -

We are taking our 1st Princess cruise this upcoming Saturday (Sapphire). Have cruised Carnival many times and will be interested in comparing. Coincidentally we aconsidering the Carribean Princess, Carnival Glory or Carnival Valor for a Spring Break cruise as well. Once I return I will be able to provide you with some comparisons.

I have been on both, and to be honest with you, I loved them both!!! The only thing I did like better was the fresh water pools on the CB. We sailed the CB in September, and are going back on the Glory next December. :)

We are also looking at both ships for spring break. It will possibly come down to a pricing game for this cruise. We want something fun for the kids, reasonably priced because there are so many of us, yet something that DH, my parents and myself are going to like as well. We really have our hearts set on the RCCL Mariner. We have cruise on her before and she would really be the ideal ship for all ages. That cruise is expensive though. Good luck in your decision!

HI...My wife and I were o the Glory in 2003 and we really loved that ship... The size and easy layout was more to our likening.. However we have booked the CP for this January. and I'm not sure if we are going to like the 3100 other guests on that ship. In my opinion it comes down to the ports of call, food and price.. We never go on sprink break so I can't answer the question on priciing...

Whichever ship your teenager will like will more will depend very much on her individual likes and dislikes, but I would imagine that the Caribbean Princess would appeal more to a 16 year old girl than the Carnival Glory. Both have teen centers, but the Caribbean Princess has more activities for the teens than Carnival. If she really likes the water slide and swimming, then Carnival Glory would have an edge, because the Caribbean Princess doesn't have the water slide. But it does have several swimming pools and hot tubs, all of which are fresh water, and the teens have hot tub parties too.

In addition, there are line dancing and other dancing classes that are open to teens, the scholarship at sea program which offers ceramics and some other fun classes, and Movies Under the Stars. Although the teens have some dining opportunities for themselves (so the adults can have a romantic dinner alone), with personal choice anytime dining, the teens can join you adults also at times, so you can sometimes eat together alone and you don't have the empty seats left at the table with the traditional dining. With the personal choice anytime dining, you would have more flexibility at to when you eat dinner as well.

I can't address the pricing issue, but if you want any information about stateroom choices on the Caribbean Princess or other info about Princess, then please feel free to email me at kacruiser@ev1.net

I've got to agree with Kathy.

I'll go a step further to say that you might find a nicer bunch of "kids" on Princess than on Carnival.

I think Carnival is great for little kids as the Camp Carnival program is really strong in the younger age brackets. It's a close call in many areas but when talking about girls that age I feel compelled to jump in and give Princess the nod. My girls started out on Carnival before we did several Princess cruises. They said all along while on Princess that they missed Carnival.

Last week we did Carnival again. It was a good cruise with good food and service and all that but the bottom line as we were discussing the cruise on the way home was that they missed Princess and didn't want to sail on Carnival again. They're now 20 and 18.

Older teens on both lines have not been the primary focus on either line until recently. Now, both programs have developed and have more "cool" stuff to do that will occupy their time in a fun way...fun to them.

I vote Princess.

If I had boys I'd probably vote either Carnival or Military School. I think boys would drive me nutz. On the other hand, now that I've been exposed to "behind the scenes" on teen girls I know they torture those boys too. But thats a whole other topic.

Princess for your princess!

We went on the Carnival Miracle last year at spring break. It was out first cruise and we did not know what to expect? I have to tell you, we never saw so many well behaved kids. We never saw one problem on our ship. My kids loved it. They never used the water slide though. To busy doing other thing's.

On the other hand when we pulled into Cozumel we heard all about the Royal Caribbean ship's. They had teen's throwing chairs off the top decks while the ship was moving and teen's tampering with the anchor. We also heard that some of the families were kicked off the ship in Cozumel. We never saw any of that on Carnival.

This being said as much as we loved Carnival we wanted to try another line to see what they offered. I did alot of research and it came down to the Glory or the CB. We chose the CB. I am sure it will be great. Next year we might do the Glory they are both great ships I'm sure. I don't think you could go wrong with either.

Archived