Star Class Anthem 2/26 Cape Liberty

We were not clear before the cruise about embarking and disembarking procedures, so here's our experience. Hope it helps.

Embark

Go to zone 6 with purple banner – tell traffic people you need to go there to check in. Genie meets you, gets porter with cart. Genie and porter go in with you, all bags in screener. You are actually subject to more screening than non-Star Class. We had to open almost ever bag because of what they saw...scissors, knife, liquid. They took the knife, which we use in the room for cutting fruit. Luggage appeared 10 minutes after genie took us directly to room, at 12:10.

Disembark

Genie and bell attendant with luggage cart come to pick you up on the half hour from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm – your choice. You all get off elevator at five, quick right turn to get off ship. Luggage transferred to porter in luggage terminal. Genie brings you right to Customs, leaves you there. Porter waits with luggage and walks you to parking garage. You bring car down, he loads luggage in for you. Pay at credit card machine, save both papers to show as exiting (help with machines is available).

Other notes: two formal nights, night 2 and 6. Genie can arrange three separate tours on last day...galley, back stage and bridge.

Thank you - every bit of information helps!

What time did you arrive at the port? I know they say traffic does get congested - so, I'm trying to figure out the timing.

Thanks!

We were on same sailing and arrived at port just around 10:15. We were on board around 10:45am. Would have been on sooner but got stuck in handicap security line behind a couple of families with strollers who didn't understand the concept.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the posts on timing. I know the Genie hasn't pressed me for an arrival time yet (last time I was out of that cruise port - well, was long enough ago that I barely recall - except for traffic lines that were ugly).

Remember that there is the new terminal now and things run much better than in the past.

Remember that there is the new terminal now and things run much better than in the past.

Last time I was there was in 2006. My husband refused to go back there (LOL) - said it was too much of a cluster. :eek: If you cruised then, you'll know what I mean with the long traffic lines for hours, the bus to the ship, etc. etc.

There is no longer a bus to the ship now that the new terminal is built. BUT the line to get into the port is still a big pain and moves at a snail's pace. We don't want to arrive super-early before peak time, so we get there after 1 when the line of cars is less.

There is no longer a bus to the ship now that the new terminal is built. BUT the line to get into the port is still a big pain and moves at a snail's pace. We don't want to arrive super-early before peak time, so we get there after 1 when the line of cars is less.

We just sailed from there on 2/26 and they are no longer putting the second luggage tag on for the Royal IQ luggage locator feature. That made things much faster at the curb. When we sailed from there in September, that whole process slowed things down. They were also letting cars drop off luggage in the bus drop off area. Line moved very quickly.