Warning! Warning!!! T.i.

While we were driving across Canada buying gas and staying in hotels, our cc number was busy in British Columbia buying train tickets, and Walmart merchandise online. Visa put a stop to it when it came to a set of tires. They didn't cancel our card, though. As soon as we wandered back to Florida they called. They had been following our progress and knew where we were.

Then they cancelled the card.

I don't think any effort is ever made to catch the thieves. Just a cost of doing business.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We have had fraudulent use of our credit cards 6 times over the years, but we have never had to pay any of the charges and they just issue us new cards, and the air miles we have accumulated have allowed us to fly business class on international flights for the last 7 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Almost every instance of credit card hacking comes from theft of thousands of numbers through online transactions. The RFID story referenced above explains.

No one steals credit card numbers one at a time, at cruise dock jewelry stores.

Banks do not make any effort to catch the thieves. Why?

Credit card fraud does not cost banks lots of money.

Why?

Banks have insurance to cover their losses.

Banks see credit card theft as a damage to them, not the card holder. The card holder hasn't lost money, only the promise of credit.

It's an inconvenience to the card holder, and the bank may apologize, but the insurance premiums are a cost of doing business.

My signature

We have had fraudulent use of our credit cards 6 times over the years, but we have never had to pay any of the charges and they just issue us new cards, and the air miles we have accumulated have allowed us to fly business class on international flights for the last 7 years.

The banks in England are not so amenable and any fraud is taken seriously with the card holder interrogated in case they had their pin number with the card or had given other people access to their card or pin.

love sailing with RCCL

The banks in England are not so amenable and any fraud is taken seriously with the card holder interrogated in case they had their pin number with the card or had given other people access to their card or pin.

love sailing with RCCL

Remember Americans have not had pins to use cards. Just sign only until recently when we finally started getting chipped cards.

This same thing happened to me the week before christmas when I was in a busy Victoria Secret store shopping. I was able to trace my steps back. Anyway, a few days after that shopping day I got an alert from my bank saying my account was withdrawn over $700 and I knew that was wrong because I had more then that in the bank. So I checked online and sure enough it was overdrawn, as I started looking through charges I see one for $800 that I didn't make so I called the bank and told them I didn't make that purchase. Well they told me it was my bank card that was used, funny thing is, I NEVER use my bank card for anything so I assumed it was my hubby's that got hit. Nope it was mine. Anyway, whomever got my number used a pocket skimmer while I was in the mall and they were close enough to get the number. They only got my bank card number and not any cc numbers which is strange. Come to find out after the 1st charge, they tried 2 more times the following 2 days and by then couldn't use it. We found out the charges were for a Skii shop located in Vermont an they were buying Skii equipment, I live no where near Vermont and have never been there. 1st time this has EVER happened to me so now im leary.

Can anyone tell me were to get a really god RFID thing for my cards? Thanks

For OP, sorry your trip on Freedom wasn't good, been on her once and loved it! Hope I love the one we are going on next week.