Info on Legend 2018 Dry Dock

justjan2

We just returned off the Legend last night. There was no theater added. Guys burger bar, Alchemy, blue iguana cantina, red frog rum bar and the tequila bar you could tell were brand new. Disappointed in the hours of the tequila bar. Several times we went specifically to this one and it was closed. Not sure why. This ship is showing some aging as we noticed there were many lights that were burned out in the MDR and just general wear and tear. They did tell us that they were still working hard to get it all polished up etc. We had a couple of lights out in our stateroom. Didn’t complain about it as we didn’t go to just stay in the room. The weather was perfect. Sunny the whole time except in Ketchikan it was cloudy and a slight mist in the air. We had a great time. Comedians were good and food was too! If you have any questions, please ask.

Glad you had a great time! I know you said weather was good in port...what about at sea? Was motion sickness an issue? I hear sometimes that first sea day can be tough. We leave on June 5 for that trip!!

Did the Legend participate the Seattle's Port Valet? If so, do you remember the cutoff time? Thanks!

We were supposedly the last ones to arrive in Seattle. We had purchased cruise transfers to and from the ship. So they took our luggage at the airport. I don’t think they were doing the Port Valet yet as we still had to claim our luggage after debarkation.

Bummed about the seaside theater. Did you notice if the wallpaper around the cabins had these weird semi nude paintings? I loved the layout on the Legend last time I was on (6-14/21-16 Alaska). Thanks for the update.

Honestly I didn’t notice the wallpaper. The ginormous image of Collosus is still in the Atrium. I’m looking forward to the next one. You are welcome!

Glad you had a great time! I know you said weather was good in port...what about at sea? Was motion sickness an issue? I hear sometimes that first sea day can be tough. We leave on June 5 for that trip!!

The weather was great. Super windy a couple of days especially at sea. There were a few times the boat rocked real good side to side because of the wind and waves. I don’t think it should be a problem. My husband gets motion sickness and he was fine. We were by the pool and the water splashed up and out a few times due to the rocking but leveled out quickly. Hope this helps! Enjoy your trip. It was definitely the trip of our lives. The scenery was incredible and no photos or video taken will ever show the true beauty of Alaska.

Final post regarding the removal of the French doors from the 4K cabins from me. After waiting 2 weeks and not getting a reply from Carnival corporate, I decided to try one last time to contact them by phone. I was told that they were still investigating my concerns, but was also told not to expect anything to change regarding notifying people that booked before the change was made. I hope this information makes it to the people that need it. Unless I happen to hear back from Carnival, I won't post about it on this thread any further.

• 3 weeks later...

I am interested! We have a group booked next year with a LOT of 4K's booked.

Final post regarding the removal of the French doors from the 4K cabins from me. After waiting 2 weeks and not getting a reply from Carnival corporate, I decided to try one last time to contact them by phone. I was told that they were still investigating my concerns, but was also told not to expect anything to change regarding notifying people that booked before the change was made. I hope this information makes it to the people that need it. Unless I happen to hear back from Carnival, I won't post about it on this thread any further.

I am interested! We have a group booked next year with a LOT of 4K's booked.

I was helping someone in a Legend Facebook group today. They went through a couple levels of customer service reps on the phone and got nothing offered. They are waiting for a call back from the next level representative. They might be more receptive to you since you have so many 4K cabins booked. It took A LOT of pushing from me to get anything. I managed to get $25 pp OBC, a bottle of wine and a pastry tray for the room. I would much rather have the French doors, but at least I got something.

Did the Legend participate the Seattle's Port Valet? If so, do you remember the cutoff time? Thanks!

Got off the Legend on June 5th sailing to Alaska, Did not participate in the Luggage express that is utilized at Port of Seattle. I inquired about it and was told they hope to start on July 1st.

Got off the Legend on June 5th sailing to Alaska, Did not participate in the Luggage express that is utilized at Port of Seattle. I inquired about it and was told they hope to start on July 1st.

I hope this is accurate! We'd love to utilize this service on our trip that leaves the end of July! Thank you.

Disappointing to hear that very little to nearly nothing was done to update the cabins. Typically its simply a place to sleep and shower for us but with a long journeys cruise coming up we'll probably spend a little more time there. We have been on 3 ships over past year which had gone under recent dry docks. 1 of them had updated cabins which had the new thermostats, lighting, updated shower heads, new larger led TVs that were interactive (free on demand movies-which would be nice on a spirit class ship with no dive in screen), new furniture, ect. The other 2 had no updates other than possibly new matresses. The cabinets/closets were busted up, drawers that wouldn't shut, busted light fixtures, ect. Not expecting a week at the Ritz but it shouldn't be on par with a low end budget motel either.

• 1 month later...
We just returned off the Legend last night. There was no theater added. Guys burger bar, Alchemy, blue iguana cantina, red frog rum bar and the tequila bar you could tell were brand new. Disappointed in the hours of the tequila bar. Several times we went specifically to this one and it was closed. Not sure why. This ship is showing some aging as we noticed there were many lights that were burned out in the MDR and just general wear and tear. They did tell us that they were still working hard to get it all polished up etc. We had a couple of lights out in our stateroom. Didn’t complain about it as we didn’t go to just stay in the room. The weather was perfect. Sunny the whole time except in Ketchikan it was cloudy and a slight mist in the air. We had a great time. Comedians were good and food was too! If you have any questions, please ask.

Thanks for the update. Is there a serenity deck on the Legend?

The serenity on the Spirit Class ships are one of the very best-- it's the entire aft of the lido deck. Private entrance/exit, very own bar with a pool and hot tubs and tons of seating. There is even several booth style seats near the bar area which allows for a great place to enjoy a meal in a quiet but outside setting. Can't wait to get back on the Legend- it's been several years, now just 50 days!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Good to hear there was a Guy's added. I'll be sailing in November.

Was there a Jimmy's BBQ on board? Also pretty bummed there's no pool side screen. Be interesting to see how it compares to the Spirit