Info on Legend 2018 Dry Dock

justjan2

We will be sailing to Alaska immediately after you! 8/7-8/14. I was hoping that they would add the Italian Restaurant, but I'm happy they will give it a refresh before we sail!:)

YAY!! Hope we both have great trips! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
Looking forward to Carnival releasing information on this. My family and I are doing an Alaska cruise right after it comes out of dry dock, May 15-22

Here is a list of what they are going to do while in drydock.

New Alchemy Bar

Guy’s Burgers

Blue Iguana Cantina

RedFrog Bar & BlueIguana Bar on Lido

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
What restaurant will they get rid of for example to put in Guy's Burgers?

Nothing has been said about replacing any of the restaurants. I guess we’ll find out when we get on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What restaurant will they get rid of for example to put in Guy's Burgers?

Looks like Blue Iguana will be going where Off the Grill is and Guys will be going on the opposite side of it. Doesn't look like anything major is being replaced. I'm sure they'll just relocate the Off the Grill to a different area of the Lido Buffet.

Looks like Blue Iguana will be going where Off the Grill is and Guys will be going on the opposite side of it. Doesn't look like anything major is being replaced. I'm sure they'll just relocate the Off the Grill to a different area of the Lido Buffet.

Guy's Burger Joint replaces the Off The Grill. It wont be relocated to another place on the ship. A few months back on his FB page, Heald stated that the dry dock would include Guy's Burger Joint, Blue Iguana Cantina, and an Alchemy Bar among other upgrades/refurbishments. Any further information will be released by Carnival PR & himself once the dry dock is completed. It's quite safe to assume the pool side bar in the Mid-Lido will be upgraded to the Red's Rum Bar & Iguana Tequila Bar which has become Carnival's trademark of the lido deck on all ships. Considering it already has Red's Pub on board is a huge plus as well- great atmosphere day or night.

Now my own GUESSING: It's one of the few ships left with a Chopsticks corner in the buffet, which could be taken out and not surprise me at all. They have been eliminating the chopsticks and tanduri ovens over the past few years and replacing them with fee based stations (seafood shack, sushi, ect). It is also one of the last remaining ships with an on board chapel- expect that to be replaced with something. The Alchemy will almost certainly go with the current Atlantis Lobby Lounge is or the Foyer Lounge a deck above- simply because that's where the have put the Alchemy on all the other ships (lounge bar near mdr). The basic 2.0 upgrades will be put in without a doubt (Rum Bar, Burgers, Cantina, Alchemy, ect), I am hoping the rooms are given a refurb- the last 2 ships we've been on had recent dry docks but the rooms were skipped and still had broken furniture, old tube TV's.

Yes, we just got off the Sunshine last week and it was nice to see some improvements in the room, including a touch thermostat, a mini fridge, and a new shower head. The night lights behind the Bed are also nice but I can’t remember if those are new or not

I can’t wait until May when the first selling of the season to Alaska happens and we get to hear how everything looks and see the new deck plans. I plan on spending a lot of time in the alchemy bar!

I am with you! Hoping folks are quick with reviews and youtube videos so we can see the upgrades!

I will be on it with a 17-year-old teen boy who is a kind soul and young for his age. He is so excited to enjoy 02 for the last time.

Ours is super shy - I'm hoping he will participate and get to know some people! I've signed him up, but we'll see.