Escape the big top - illusionarium getaway

hammsbear

I see this show being done twice and would like to know if anyone knows what exactly this is? I have been on Getaway three times and this is the first time I see this on there Dailies.

Any info would be helpful.

Thanks

We did the Escape the big top last week on the Epic. It's a new program they are starting.

Basically you are put into teams, given clues and need to solve the clues and "escape" within an hour.

It was a lot of fun doing it and challenging. BTW, no one escaped. A few were close.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Is this kid-friendly? Or just for adults? Will be sailing NCL Escape June 3rd.....

Depends on the ages of the kids. There were some in our time slot. I am guessing they were 12 and up.

The puzzles were very challenging for those younger then that.

We did it last week and enjoyed it. My son is 11, and there was another child in our group around the same age. I don't think it's good for kids younger than that. Our group had 8 people, which seemed like a good number. Some of the riddles were challenging, but it was fun. Sign up for it early in the week though, because it fills up!

I see this show being done twice and would like to know if anyone knows what exactly this is? I have been on Getaway three times and this is the first time I see this on there Dailies.

Any info would be helpful.

Thanks

Is it a different show then the Cirque, and are they both held in the old Illusionary venue?

We found it in the dailies. ( http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2468432 )

You go to the Illusionarium, and get seated in one o fthe booths. There is a bag on the table, but you are told not to open it. When everyone is seated, directions are given- you are told you will have 45 minutes to solve the riddles and escape from the room. There are clues around the room and in the bag. The group has to figure out the clues. The last clue is in a locked chest. You have to figure out all the other clues to get the combination. We went at 2:30, and they were setting up for the 5:30 illusionarium seating as we were doing the riddles.

Here are a few pictures from our experience (no spoilers given!)

P1010683_1.jpg

22_1.jpg

This sounds like fun! I am excited to try it on Breakaway. Did they let it get really packed, or was it a reasonable number of people they let sign up? Also, do they automatically put you in groups, or let you make groups with others, or let you just work as a pair if there are only two of you?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They will put you in groups. Unless of course you have enough per their requirements.

The number of teams, in my opinion, is not relevant because you work as an independent team. So even if 1 team finishes the other get a chance to escape as well.

There's a lot changing on the Getaway. Illusionairium is being replaced by a Cirque show at night. I believe the new show starts May 16th. There is also a "escape room" activity that has already started on all the newer ships. That's held during day, is free, and you can sign up at the box office.

They will put you in groups. Unless of course you have enough per their requirements.

The number of teams, in my opinion, is not relevant because you work as an independent team. So even if 1 team finishes the other get a chance to escape as well.

Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did the Escape the big top last week on the Epic. It's a new program they are starting.

Basically you are put into teams, given clues and need to solve the clues and "escape" within an hour.

It was a lot of fun doing it and challenging. BTW, no one escaped. A few were close.

How many are allowed on a team? We are a group of 13 and would like to play together. Also are kids allowed?

Thanks for any replies.