Can you bring snacks onto the ship?

We're on a 6 hour road trip and packed a ton of snacks for the road and will have plenty left. Can we bring them on?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As long as the food is prepackaged and still factory sealed Carnival will allow to board with the snacks. Again as long as they are sealed the snacks can be brought on and off at most ports of call. 12 non-alcoholic drinks per passenger are also allowed, the cans, juice pouches, or tetra boxes must be 12 oz or less and part of your carry-on luggage.

I always have breakfast bars in my carry on. It's really saved the day when boarding has been delayed.

I use to make my own trail mix and take it, and never had it confiscated, but I don't snack that way anymore.

Do the canned drinks need to fit INSIDE my carry on luggage or can they be carried separately?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We always carry our cans on with one a small luggage dolly that folds up. We stack them, secure with a bungie cord and is very easy to roll around with one hand. We do not drink sodas, but we do bring Bloody Mary mix in cans and Tonic Water to mix with our pre-ordered bottles of gin and vodka that will be waiting in our cabin.

As long as the food is prepackaged and still factory sealed Carnival will allow to board with the snacks. Again as long as they are sealed the snacks can be brought on and off at most ports of call. 12 non-alcoholic drinks per passenger are also allowed, the cans, juice pouches, or tetra boxes must be 12 oz or less and part of your carry-on luggage.

Not quite true. I have taken on board a gallon ziplock bag full of baby carrots and a tupperware container of humus as well as other snacks already out of their original packaging and in ziplock bags. The snacks do not have to be pre-packaged to take on the ship. They would have to be pre-packaged to take off the ship in a foreign port.

There are no restrictions for taking any snacks on board whether in their original packaging or not. It is about taking them off at a foreign port or if you bring something back home from a foreign port that you opened and put into another bag. Of course, unless they check or you declare they might not know you are bringing something back.