Lufthansa Premium Economy

MadcityTravelers

Hi All - Apologizing in advance if I'm posting in the wrong thread ;) We are sailing Viking Kara on Rhine River Getaway (Amsterdam to Basel) on March 26. We are flying Lufthansa Premium Economy from Chicago to Frankfurt. Wondering if anyone has flown Lufthansa Premium Economy class and has a review or thoughts on what to expect. Much Thanks - Dee:D

We have flown on Lufthansa's premium economy a few times and in general (& at the right price) it was fine. You get more legroom & a little better food & amenities. One negative is if the person in Prem economy in front of you puts his back rest all the way down, you will have very little room to get up. Try to get the seats immediately after the emergency doors so that you have a lot of room without anyone in front of you affecting your space.

We have flown on Lufthansa's premium economy a few times and in general (& at the right price) it was fine. You get more legroom & a little better food & amenities. One negative is if the person in Prem economy in front of you puts his back rest all the way down, you will have very little room to get up. Try to get the seats immediately after the emergency doors so that you have a lot of room without anyone in front of you affecting your space.

We flew Premium Economy on a Lufthansa Airbus 380 from Houston to Frankfurt back in 2015. Lots of legroom in the Exit aisle seats but they are right beside the restrooms.

I swear everyone on the plane in Economy or Premium Economy must have go to the bathroom at least 3 times each during that redeye flight. That's a lot of people around you while you are trying to get some sleep.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The best place to look for information about airline seats and amenities (and which seats to avoid) is seatguru.com.

Sadly I'd have to disagree, there is a huge amount of inaccurate and rarely updated information there. The seat maps are helpful in determining where you are in relation to things like exit doors etc., but the comments about individual seats are very often wrong, or at least highly subjective information presented as fact.

It is generally better to use a site like 'flyertalk' to check out the 'best seat' threads on the specific airline and aircraft you will be flying on.

Sadly I'd have to disagree, there is a huge amount of inaccurate and rarely updated information there. The seat maps are helpful in determining where you are in relation to things like exit doors etc., but the comments about individual seats are very often wrong, or at least highly subjective information presented as fact.

It is generally better to use a site like 'flyertalk' to check out the 'best seat' threads on the specific airline and aircraft you will be flying on.

Good to know.

We have upgraded to Premium Economy twice on Lufthansa and are doing it again next month. DH loves it because he has a slightly wider seat and more leg room (he's 6'1" and I'm 4"11"). I have one big advantage- a decent foot rest! However, if you plan on leaning against your significant partner to sleep - forget it- the arm rest is quite wide (and hard). Also, you can't prop your pillow against the window to go to sleep- the side of the plane is too far away (the pillow drops to the floor).

The food and service are better than in Economy, which does make for a more pleasant trip. Also, you should be given a small toiletries bag (disposable toothbrush, face wipes). Wine service is more attentive!