Norwegian Sun questions

dpoolepcagc

Ok So I have read a handful of threads about a "sewage" smell on the Norwegian Sun. Can I got more info into these claims? We are looking to book our first Alaskan Cruise and we were looking at one sailing on the Sun. I however don't want it to be ruined by the smell of sewage.

Thanks!

EVERY cruise ship gets sewage odors at some time or other...it's just the way ship's plumbing is different from land plumbing! It can happen (or not) anywhere on the ship. If you do start getting it in your cabin's bathroom, pour some water into the floor drain...that is the usual culprit. The drains can dry out, allowing sewage gas to come up. Several glasses of water should do the trick. If it doesn't, then have maintenance come and see what they can do.

Sometimes, it's caused by flushing things that aren't supposed to be flushed on a ship...NEVER flush anything but toilet paper. Kleenex, tampons, diapers, wipes, etc....belong in the trash can!

Remember...just because someone had it in their cabin last week, doesn't mean it will be there this week!

We traveled on the Sun late May last year & had no odor problems. We had a midship balcony. Loved the ship. We had heard so many negative things about the ship prior to sailing that we were worried but we found none of it to be true. Food in main dining was good, service was great & northbound itinerary that included Glacier Bay & Hubbard Glacier was fabulous. We would not hesitate on traveling on the Sun again.

Yes, I detected an occasional faint sewage smell in the hallway last time I was on the Sun. It didn't bother me one bit. Sun is an older ship. And older ships occasionally have minor issues. Book another ship if this is a big concern to you.

There are a couple threads out there about this on the Sun. None (or few) reports since drydock.

The smell was almost always reported as aft. We had it on 10 aft and also at muster outside port side aft on the deck. And no, it wasn't your typical whiff of it here or there like on other ships.

EVERY cruise ship gets sewage odors at some time or other..!

Maybe on the ships YOU'VE been on but certainly not any I'VE sailed on, sorry, and that's the truth.

As to the odors on the Sun. Those "several threads" also eventually mentioned this issue has been resolved. I cannot imagine having to "solve" this routinely though.