POA review in progress: March 4-11, 2017, Room 7518

reporterbabe

How was your flight? We are going in April with our 8 yr. old grandson (I hope). We picked this time frame so he doesn't miss school (except 1 day for the flight out). Did you stop in LA on the way? We have the package through NCL. Flight and hotel my sister & her husband are flying from LA and we hope to meet up before the hotel. Not sure how long of a trip this is and wonder if we should wait until he can go on the RT Princess for 2 weeks instead out of LA area.

Thanks for your review enjoyed your pictures as well.

Hi. Thanks for the great post. Can you tell me if every passenger gets a lei when they get on the ship? Or do you have to pay separately for them? Also, are there any flower leis or just shells? Thanks!

Everyone gets a lei! I received a flower one (just like the one in the pic, but it was limp at this point in the cruise so I left it out) and DH received a shell one. I believe I posted the pic of the two of us with our leis waiting for the doctor early in this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How was your flight? We are going in April with our 8 yr. old grandson (I hope). We picked this time frame so he doesn't miss school (except 1 day for the flight out). Did you stop in LA on the way? We have the package through NCL. Flight and hotel my sister & her husband are flying from LA and we hope to meet up before the hotel. Not sure how long of a trip this is and wonder if we should wait until he can go on the RT Princess for 2 weeks instead out of LA area.

Thanks for your review enjoyed your pictures as well.

Our flight -- United, Logan Airport to San Francisco, 2 hour layover, then San Francisco to Hawaii.

First of all, do keep in mind that you aren't going to be fed unless you pay for it/bring it on board and both are LONG flights to be hungry, especially if you're traveling with a child. We pre-Dunkin'd at Logan, then grabbed food in SF during the layover.

United flies shockingly nicer planes on the Hawaii leg. More legroom in coach, first class had some very covetable blankets (so tempted to lift one while walking through).

I had serious issues with leg swelling on the return journey, despite appropriate socks, and couldn't sleep at all. The crew was very nice about allowing me to pace. I can only guess that it was the combo of coming from a warmer climate where I had been exercising a lot.

Great review, which luau is this?

A few photos from the big girl camera:

59c80074b51795d846fb960bb8bf0c23.jpg

ca3c679a6a81b9209df9e76bc619af87.jpg

e54103bc168e5cc4fc283fe7f9dd08a6.jpg

70d1852c381960210b0b187576e014a1.jpg

2773039af428381a54244a60ea34e3fc.jpg

0925b8b7ea7d753d3915ba1108fabdec.jpg

More to come! I'm wading through a ton of pictures and I haven't even touched the last day's helicopter pix!