Veendam Spa?

bzv143

What are the amenities in the Veendam spa? Steam room, sauna, thermal pool or ceramic heated lounge chairs, etc? And if there are any of these, is there a steep price to enjoy them? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Can you also answer me this question--the Lido deck Aft is called "The Retreat" on the deck plan. Is there a reason for that?

The reason the Lido aft is called "The Retreat" is because HAL has a habit of using the same terms for different things on different ships.

The Veendam "Retreat" is not at all the "Retreat" is on the larger ships---a quiet area that comes with an additional charge. The Veendam Retreat is a public area, available to all. There's a goodly amount of noise out there.

The reason the Lido aft is called "The Retreat" is because HAL has a habit of using the same terms for different things on different ships.

The Veendam "Retreat" is not at all the "Retreat" is on the larger ships---a quiet area that comes with an additional charge. The Veendam Retreat is a public area, available to all. There's a goodly amount of noise out there.

Well okay then--a non-retreat Retreat. :D Thanks for the clarification.

Can you also answer me this question--the Lido deck Aft is called "The Retreat" on the deck plan. Is there a reason for that?

We are sailing Veendam next month (after once swearing I would never consider it). From what I recall on these boards, there was a refit of the ship some years (6?) ago where the aft pool was removed (Boo-hiss) and an area with a few hot tubs and a couple inches of water replaced the pool.

This was done to allow the addition of cabins under this deck.

HAL decided to call this "The retreat." Believe the hot tubs are still there but they no longer keep a few inches of water surrounding them (?).

We decided the chance to sail on a 'smaller' HAL ship before they are gone forever outweighed the above. Once we get 'up north' it won't really be pool weather anyhow!

Hope this helps!

About a year ago, the cost was $40 per day to use spa area. The area is rather small. The men's locker room did have a sauna, which is free. assume the women would have the same.

On the aft deck area {retreat} there are many lounge chairs for sun bathing and a couple hot tubs, not restricted to adults.