EDGE - Port Everglades (Eastern and Western Sailings)

sandc4e

Just booked our cruise.

Only booking dates available are Dec 18, 2018 through April 21, 2019

All Edge sailings are 7 day out of Fort Lauderdale,

alternating Eastern Caribbean and Western Caribbean

$500 deposit ($250 pp)

Still have Concierge and Aqua class

Upgraded from A2 to A1, 9th deck

Go better (2 perks) best value, bev pkg and $300 OBC

Can transfer within 60 days to a TA for additional perks

Total current cost @$2,000pp

I missed out, cannot find any booking page, which I presume the ship is fully booked. Will try again later... Happy others have landed cabins!

bon voyage

p.s. - Just found out the website crashed... LOL, made reservations on the phone... 2019 sailing, 2018 more than I wanted to pony up. Cannot wait until my spouse unwraps this Birthday gift in a few months!

Edited by Bo1953

Just talked to an agent, booked a sky suite 3/24/19, can't wait for my first suite experience - sky suites do receive access to the Retreat, and all 4 perks still. Have adjoining sky suites that are now labeled S3.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I missed out, cannot find any booking page, which I presume the ship is fully booked. Will try again later... Happy others have landed cabins!

bon voyage

p.s. - Just found out the website crashed... LOL, made reservations on the phone... 2019 sailing, 2018 more than I wanted to pony up. Cannot wait until my spouse unwraps this Birthday gift in a few months!

Spouse is going to be absolutely amazed! Great job!

Can I ask how much for the sky suite?

Just talked to an agent, booked a sky suite 3/24/19, can't wait for my first suite experience - sky suites do receive access to the Retreat, and all 4 perks still. Have adjoining sky suites that are now labeled S3.

Prices for that sailing:

S3 2599.00

S2 2799

S1 2999

I'm guessing on the last two, but the agent told me 200.00 pp more for each step up. No deck plans available, but he was excellent in explaining where everything was. Mine is pretty midship, deck 11 nothing but rooms above me. AQ was 1899.00 but only one perk . I'm satisfied, really expected it would be more.

All the hype looks tempting' date=' but I'm not interested in a 7-day sailing. We'll wait until the 10-days or longer.[/quote']

I'm with you, Susan! Longer cruises for us too.

Some features look beautiful but I'm anxious to see if those push button balcony windows are operating according to plan. I can see me getting one stuck late at night.:o

Did the Celebrity agent mention to you the S3s are where the Magic Carpet goes up and down?

All the hype looks tempting' date=' but I'm not interested in a 7-day sailing. We'll wait until the 10-days or longer.[/quote']

I hear you Susan, but new ships in competition to Celebrity rarely offer anything other than 7 night sailings, as that's what is most popular for the masses. I think it's going to take Edge 3 or beyond before we see anything other than 7+ nights.

Believe me, I'd love for it to happen too, as we love 10+ night sailings.

I know it's not perfect, but we solved the problem by booking a B2B for 14 days - but the total price has my wallet screaming OUCH today :). On the bright side, final isn't due for around 18 months.

Is the Captains Club one level upgrade available for Suites or for Edge bookings? Meaning an S2 for S3 pricing?

Prices for that sailing:

S3 2599.00

S2 2799

S1 2999

I'm guessing on the last two, but the agent told me 200.00 pp more for each step up. No deck plans available, but he was excellent in explaining where everything was. Mine is pretty midship, deck 11 nothing but rooms above me. AQ was 1899.00 but only one perk . I'm satisfied, really expected it would be more.

I agree with you, Susan. The ship looks amazing and we can't wait to sail, but we have no interest in 7 day cruises or the Caribbean. Fingers crossed for some great Europe itineraries on Edge! Too bad we'll have to wait a long time to see those itineraries. Other than the poor itineraries for the Edge so far, Celebrity has done a tremendous job with this!

Michael

Thanks for the heads up on the S3 and the Magic Carpet. Finally got to see some deck plans, and no way I want to see that going up and down past my room! Switched to S2, deck 10, pretty much forward, but at least the retreat will be straight up the elevator.