Brunch Tours

Big Foot

Hello,

I've just seen posted on FB reference to 'Brunch Tours'.

We did the behind the scenes tour on Britannia last year & had a great time; it was worth every penny. However, we have never heard of these tours.

Comments seem to indicate that the cost is £25pp.

Just wondered if anyone knows anything about them in terms of what you see / do & what food you get (it looks like you may get a 3 course meal?) or has actually done a tour?

Any info greatly received.

Thank you

Joan

Did it on Azura last year. It wasn't advertised as such, but the person taking my bookings for Sindhi and Epicurean, early in the cruise, asked if I'd be interested

You start at 11am, with a glass of bubbly, then do a long and detailed galley tour, then have your 3 course lunch with wine. It's a little out of the ordinary, because you collect it yourself from the galley. First course is a buffet with just about every lovely thing you've ever had, available to chose, main course had perhaps 6 or 7 choices, dessert similar.

It was £25. I thought it worthwhile. Plenty of interest to see, as much to eat as you wish, wine glasses refilled, relaxed waiting staff ready to help - and a nice way to while away three or four hours on a sea day. They limit numbers (200 iirc) so you'll need to get in early

Hi we did the Galley tour last year on Azura, when we did it they said it was only available on Azura, as the previous poster said we started with a glass of bubbly then split into groups and we were given a full behind the scenes look at the kitchens, with the heads of each department explaining what happens and what they have to do during a normal day. Then we were sat in the MDR and invited to serve ourselves from the kitchen to try and give us an idea of what a waiter has to deal with, we had a very nice 3 course meal with wine, and as many trips back into the kitchen as you wanted.

In total the whole event lasted about 2 hours and we really enjoyed it all and it give us a good incite into the workings of the staff.

Did it on Azura last year. It wasn't advertised as such, but the person taking my bookings for Sindhi and Epicurean, early in the cruise, asked if I'd be interested

You start at 11am, with a glass of bubbly, then do a long and detailed galley tour, then have your 3 course lunch with wine. It's a little out of the ordinary, because you collect it yourself from the galley. First course is a buffet with just about every lovely thing you've ever had, available to chose, main course had perhaps 6 or 7 choices, dessert similar.

It was £25. I thought it worthwhile. Plenty of interest to see, as much to eat as you wish, wine glasses refilled, relaxed waiting staff ready to help - and a nice way to while away three or four hours on a sea day. They limit numbers (200 iirc) so you'll need to get in early

Thank you for the detailed response.

We were on Azura for a week in October last year & never heard a thing about it.

It sounds like fun & definitely something my Mum & especially my Dad who we are taking on a cruise would enjoy.

Thankfully we're doing a B2B in September so hopefully we can get in quick & book it, assuming of course they are doing it on Ventura!

Joan

Hi we did the Galley tour last year on Azura, when we did it they said it was only available on Azura, as the previous poster said we started with a glass of bubbly then split into groups and we were given a full behind the scenes look at the kitchens, with the heads of each department explaining what happens and what they have to do during a normal day. Then we were sat in the MDR and invited to serve ourselves from the kitchen to try and give us an idea of what a waiter has to deal with, we had a very nice 3 course meal with wine, and as many trips back into the kitchen as you wanted.

In total the whole event lasted about 2 hours and we really enjoyed it all and it give us a good incite into the workings of the staff.

Thank you for your reply.

I like the idea of 'as many trips back to the kitchen' my Dad'll certainly put that one to the test LOL.

Joan

We had the same experience as eddie11, got offered it when booking Sindhu. We had a great time. Very informative, nice to see behind the scenes, as a keen amateur chef I found it very interesting. We got well fed and watered too. If you get offered the chance take it, you will have a great time.