Wine in suitcase

Hello! I will be setting sail soon and I know we are allowed to bring two bottles of wine per cabin. I have read somewhere that if they are put in the suitcases, they will not be delivered to your stateroom, that you will have to collect the suitcases yourself. Did anyone experience this? I do not want to carry the wine in my carry on and have to carry this around until the stateroom is ready, but on the other hand it is much more convenient to have your suitcase delivered to your door :-)

Thank you for your help!

Hello! I will be setting sail soon and I know we are allowed to bring two bottles of wine per cabin. I have read somewhere that if they are put in the suitcases, they will not be delivered to your stateroom, that you will have to collect the suitcases yourself. Did anyone experience this? I do not want to carry the wine in my carry on and have to carry this around until the stateroom is ready, but on the other hand it is much more convenient to have your suitcase delivered to your door :-)

Thank you for your help!

Yes, it's happened to us. Security may keep your bags down on deck 1 (or some other area) and ask you to come down and show them the contents.

Not a big deal to carry it on. Just board a little latter and you won't have to lug it around that long. It's much easier to carry two bottles of wine in a carry on for a short time than to lug your big bag up from deck 1 or 2.

The instructions regarding carry on wine is to pack it in your carry on. I would not risk giving anything over to porters when there are fragile liquids inside. Plus, I've heard stories that you may not even be called down into the naughty room for your allowed wine, they may just automatically confiscate it when they find it and "toss" it.

Its just safer to carry it with you.

The instructions regarding carry on wine is to pack it in your carry on. I would not risk giving anything over to porters when there are fragile liquids inside. Plus, I've heard stories that you may not even be called down into the naughty room for your allowed wine, they may just automatically confiscate it when they find it and "toss" it.

Its just safer to carry it with you.

I've never heard of them automatically confiscating it. We've been called down to security before and asked to open our bag so they could examine the bottles. Time consuming and a pain not getting bags until later, but I don't think they would toss the wine.

Don't the big signs say it must be carried on?

We usually fly in a few days early with one point being to pick up wine, sun lotions, etc to carry on so we don't have to fly with it. I put my two bottles in a small back pack containing a few other items I want close at hand.

It always gets seen by the xray and I go off to secondary security for a few seconds so they can check to make sure the bottles haven't been refilled with something else. It works better for us since our suitcases are usually stuffed with other stuff.

I even walked through security once with a six pack cardboard carrier of wine. I took all the cabins allotment since I was paying I got the kids wine allotment.