Thank You - C & A Coupons

knothead

Does this sound right? We returned from our Mariner cruise on 10-09 with no intention of booking another cruise. Well the good intentions didn't last long and we booked another cruise for 11-12-2006 on 10-18 thru our TA. A couple of weeks later I recieved the $50.00 Thank You for cruising coupons, They are good on another cruise booked between 10-26-05 & 12-24-05!!! I called my TA and He called RCCL. He had to fax them a copy of the letter/coupons and then was told THEY WOULD APPLY COUPON BUT SINCE THE CRUISE WAS ALMOST AS A YEAR IN ADVANCE THEY WOULD NOT APPLY IT UNTIL LATER!!! The coupon does not say anything about when the cruise has to be as for as date wise only that it had to be booked between the above meantioned dates. Are they going to not apply the credit b4 12-24-05 and then tell me they expired? What do you all think?

Does this sound right? We returned from our Mariner cruise on 10-09 with no intention of booking another cruise. Well the good intentions didn't last long and we booked another cruise for 11-12-2006 on 10-18 thru our TA. A couple of weeks later I recieved the $50.00 Thank You for cruising coupons, They are good on another cruise booked between 10-26-05 & 12-24-05!!! I called my TA and He called RCCL. He had to fax them a copy of the letter/coupons and then was told THEY WOULD APPLY COUPON BUT SINCE THE CRUISE WAS ALMOST AS A YEAR IN ADVANCE THEY WOULD NOT APPLY IT UNTIL LATER!!! The coupon does not say anything about when the cruise has to be as for as date wise only that it had to be booked between the above meantioned dates. Are they going to not apply the credit b4 12-24-05 and then tell me they expired? What do you all think?
I think your agent is full of it. If Royal Caribbean was going to accept it, they would send your TA a new statement reflecting the $50 discount. There is no waiting just because it's a yr away.

I don't understand why He would be trying anything fishy> This will be our 5th cruise - all of which were booked through him. I think I will call back around the 1st or 2nd of december and request it be credited before it runs out. Do any of you think some one from the c & a society would help me in this matter?

I am booked directly through RCCL.

Your TA was telling the truth.

I just sent my two coupons in for my September 2006 cruise after the last C&A coupon book arrived in October.

I faxed them to RCCL.

I called about a week later to see if my credit was applied. I was told that they had received the coupons and a credit would be done at a later date because they were working on the current cruise coupons and my cruise was not for almost a year.

They have now been applied.

I have sent in many a coupon before and this is the first time they have put a hold on when you get the discount. They told me not to worry that they will give it to us in the future. They did.

knothead

Do you have a friend coupon? Are you looking for a friend to give it to? If so, please let me be your new friend. I am planning on booking a cruise in the near future and would love to have a $50 coupon. :)

Does anyone have a coupon and wanting to share? I would very much appreciate it.

I can be reached at:

pmfan21@yahoo.com

Actually your TA is wrong. He doesn't need to fax/send copies of the coupons to RCI. He can simply log onto RCI's TA website and apply them online. If he does this within minutes he will have a fax with the adjusted amount. This is an automated instantaneous process and works the same as if he were making a payment with your credit card.

The reason TA could not go online is because I did not book due the select times on the coupon. RCCL had to make an exception because I had booked early! Thanks all for the comments.

Let me do some checking and I'll get back to you about the friend coupon, Our friends back here at home might want to go with us.

Archived