Royal Caribbean televisions

Sorry, Explorer of the seas. Flat panel TVs

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was able to connect a HTML cord from my laptop to the TV on Mariner and I would guess you would have the same access on Explorer, That's as far as I got as I couldn't get our remote to change the settings. Others have done it, our Universal Samsung remote wouldn't work.

I have had success on Voyager and Explorer. Have used USB and HDMI ports, but you will need a remote to get the TV to switch. I used our Samsung remote with no problems.

Other thing I found I had to do was remove the data cable that operates the menu system before it would work. Maybe that was joandian's problem.

So the key is taking a universal remote so you can select the correct source from the menu.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, you need the remote.

Other thing I found I had to do was remove the data cable that operates the menu system before it would work. Maybe that was joandian's problem.

Quite possible. We didn't remove the cable but will know better next time :)

I used our Samsung remote with no problems.

Are they Samsung TVs? I have a couple of Samsung remotes.

Otherwise I have a Logitech Universal that might work. Can anyone remember the TV brand/model so I can prepare before I board. :D

Are they Samsung TVs? I have a couple of Samsung remotes.

Otherwise I have a Logitech Universal that might work. Can anyone remember the TV brand/model so I can prepare before I board. :D

From what I've noticed, all the RCI ships have Samsung. The sister ships do for sure and they are flatscreens, so I would imagine Explorer does too.

you dont necessarilly need to take any remote controls if you have a smart phone

a smart phone as long as you know what brand of tv is ... the phone can control the tv through some apps that ya can download from google play or itunes

Depends very much on the phone. Most don't have infra red transmitters built in.

Yes I "upgraded" my S5 for the S7 and lost the IR blaster. Luckily I still have the S5 so I won't need to take the logitech remote. I'll just head to the cabin before we leave port and sync up to the right model TV using mobile data.