Shuttle FROM rental cars TO POM

dad son team

If you are renting from one of the agencies downtown Miami, yes. You may have to contact them when debarking ship. But that could depend on the agency. If you're renting at MIA, most likely the answer is NO. Avis and Enterprise both have rental agencies downtown that service the port.

Are you saying there are locations downtown that will bring me to the ship when I return the car? I am renting from FLL when I arrive so I can return it anywhere in MIA, just wasn't sure where was best. I was thinking the airport but then I have $30 cab ride so I was hoping one of the agencies that ran the shuttle to pick up the passengers coming off the ship would also take people returning cars to the ship.

If you rent from Avis or Enterprise, when you make your reservation put in that you are returning the car to their downtown Miami location. Should be on the reservation form. If you are just heading to the rental car counter on arrival without a reservation, tell them that's where you want to return the car. Look it up on line and have the address with you. They will shuttle you from the agency to the port and if you need a car for the return they should be able to tell you how to contact them so they can pick you up. But contact these agencies for the details. I know about these two places because I've used both in the past for business. Not sure if Hertz or National or other places have agencies downtown.

If you are renting from one of the agencies downtown Miami, yes. You may have to contact them when debarking ship. But that could depend on the agency. If you're renting at MIA, most likely the answer is NO. Avis and Enterprise both have rental agencies downtown that service the port.

^^^^^^ ALMOST COMPLETELY WRONG - PLEASE IGNORE THE ADVICE ABOVE ^^^^^^^

The rental car companies have shuttles to and from the following dropoff/pickup locations as follows:

Alamo / National / Enterprise (select location code MIA or Miami Airport) - uses the Miami airport location

Thrifty / Dollar (select location code Miami Cruise Ship - Shuttle) - They also use the same counter as the Miami airport location

Hertz (select Miami - Port of Miami) - uses the 229 Southeast 2nd Street location

Budget (location code P2F) - uses the 89 SE 2nd St location

Avis (location code Q8M) - uses the 99 SE 2nd St location

^^^^^^ ALMOST COMPLETELY WRONG - PLEASE IGNORE THE ADVICE ABOVE ^^^^^^^

The rental car companies have shuttles to and from the following dropoff/pickup locations as follows:

Alamo / National / Enterprise (select location code MIA or Miami Airport) - uses the Miami airport location

Thrifty / Dollar (select location code Miami Cruise Ship - Shuttle) - They also use the same counter as the Miami airport location

Hertz (select Miami - Port of Miami) - uses the 229 Southeast 2nd Street location

Budget (location code P2F) - uses the 89 SE 2nd St location

Avis (location code Q8M) - uses the 99 SE 2nd St location

Loanshark...are you saying that if you use a downtown location, even if the location describes itself as a "cruise port" location as Enterprise and Avis do, that you have to arrange your own transportation to and from the agency to the ship/port?

Avis site, for example, says: Port Of Miami Shuttle For Cruise Ships (Q8M)

Address: 99 Southeast 2nd Street, (cruise Ship Passengers Only), Miami, FL, 33131 , U S A

Phone: (1) 305-379-1317

Hours of Operation: Sun 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM; Mon - Fri 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM; Sat 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Enterprise site doesn't say but you can still contact them.

I've seen mixed reports over time from Avis and other downtown locations about shuttles. Hertz always seems to offer shuttles but is also often overwhelmed by cruisers. A taxi from downtown locations to POM, if a shuttle is not offered, is about $12 -- an Uber will be closer to $8!

Loanshark...are you saying that if you use a downtown location, even if the location describes itself as a "cruise port" location as Enterprise and Avis do, that you have to arrange your own transportation to and from the agency to the ship/port?

Avis site, for example, says: Port Of Miami Shuttle For Cruise Ships (Q8M)

Address: 99 Southeast 2nd Street, (cruise Ship Passengers Only), Miami, FL, 33131 , U S A

Phone: (1) 305-379-1317

Hours of Operation: Sun 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM; Mon - Fri 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM; Sat 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Enterprise site doesn't say but you can still contact them.

The Avis location you listed is the same one that I listed "Avis (location code Q8M) - uses the 99 SE 2nd St location". Enterprise prefers that you use the airport location. National/Alamo/Enterprise are the same company and share the same shuttles to and from Miami airport.

In summary, whether or not you are supposed to use the airport or a downtown location depends on the company you are renting from. All of the majors have a shuttle from at least one of their locations which is why I listed which one to use, based on if you are renting from Alamo, National, Enterprise, Thrifty, Dollar, Hertz, Avis, or Budget in another post on this thread.