Getting Anxious for Alaska!

cheeto

I can barely contain my excitement for our first cruise to Alaska this June. We booked a year ago and my patience is wearing thin, I want to go now! This board has been so helpful and I just can't wait for the Alaska season to begin so I can read the new reviews and see all the wonderful pictures. I can't believe the first Alaska sailings will be next month! YAY!

I have to set up small milestones in order to keep my excitement in check!

I have a good idea of what excursions we are doing and decided to follow the advice of staying near the Seattle Airport and taking the light rail into DT. This forum truly helped me make informed decisions and I am not worried at all, just excited.

Me too! And we don't go until late August! I am so excited I can't sleep. I stay up reading trip reports and enjoying the pictures. By the time August gets here, I'll be exhausted and forget everything! You better write a trip report when you get back so I can continue to read and re-read all the trip reports I can find!

Our trip is the first week of August. I already have 87 pictures on my phone of the ship (Star Princess), and cruise, that are taken by others. All our excursions are booked. My wife on the other hand wants to know nothing. I am waiting for the new reviews to double check to see if I forgot anything. I'm surprised I have packed yet!! :D

Our trip is the first week of August. I already have 87 pictures on my phone of the ship (Star Princess), and cruise, that are taken by others. All our excursions are booked. My wife on the other hand wants to know nothing. I am waiting for the new reviews to double check to see if I forgot anything. I'm surprised I have packed yet!! :D

I'm tempted to do a quick inventory check on clothes to see if any winter gear is missing/needed for Glacier Bay day. It will at least give me an alaskan cruise thing to do.;)

For the OP - you must be about at Final Payment date. Always a nice milestone even if already paid up. We've booked transatlantics almost two years in advance and it is always tough waiting and all the sudden it's HERE.

Cedarbrook Lodge near the airport is quiet and looks nice. They will shuttle to the Link light rail station. Caution light rail station at the airport is very far from the terminal. If staying in the airport area at a place with shuttle to Link have them shuttle to Angle Lake station the current start of the line toward downtown. Using Link to get to ship is not recommended with luggage although they now allow putting it in the bike rack area - 1st come 1st served, another reason for Angle Lake station. Main reason for not using it to the ship is HAL uses Pier 91 terminal that is 3 miles beyond downtown so you need a cab or shuttle service anyway.

Check out the West Coast Departures forum for local Seattle info. The FAQ sticky at the top is full of info although some in early pages is a little dated.

We booked last June for our cruise in EARLY SEPTEMBER this year! We are absolutely dying and so ready to go at this point! Especially since we have paid for everything it's just waiting for it to get here!! I also am anxiously waiting for people to start writing new trip reports! For all of you going on the Star Princess before us, we can't wait to hear about how it was!!

I'm in the same boat, LOL. I am actually just as excited for the late April cruisers because once they go, the season has started and we'll start getting trip reports. For us, just about everything is planned so I don't have anything to do except wait! I seriously wish I could start packing already.

We are also getting pretty pumped! This will be our first cruise....ever. So excited about the whole cruising experience and the incredible scenery and wildlife we may see. We booked our June 5th cruise last February 3, 2016.....488 days ago! Now we're down to 82. Most of our excursions are booked. I still need to book the raft trip down the Kenai and horseback riding along the Knik River but otherwise our big fun things are booked. Once we get our updated passports (which should arrive any day), I think we'll burst! It's getting real! :)

We don't ever take trips like this.....our last big one was 4 years ago for 10 days in Hawaii. 10 years prior to that, was a week in London. Looking forward to seeing Vancouver and Victoria pre-cruise.....having some poutine, seeing Orca whales, beautiful British Victoria. Then the cruise itself....hard to picture all the ports, Glacier Bay and beautiful scenery along the inland passage. We're even looking forward to the food! Once we get to Seward, we'll then spend 5 days in the interior to explore and play! My only regret is we don't have time to explore more, specifically Denali Park. Darn jobs just get in the way!

It's been a joy following everyone's plans on this forum....you can just feel the excitement in every post. We're starting to plan and gather things to pack that we'll need. The best part....winter clothing is on sale and clearance!

We have sailed Alaska 10 times....my absolute favorite destination! To add fuel to your excitement fire....check out http://www.zest4travel.wordpress.com I have several posts about various Alaska ports. You will have to scroll through some other ports, but trust me...they are there! Enjoy your cruise and the anticipation!

Wow, you all have me super excited and I'm not even going this year! I'm just excited for you, and I'm remembering my own anticipation for our first trip. Let me tell you - the excitement does not end even as the trip begins. Expect to feel the excitement all the way through. Each day is an adventure and a blessing. And then, of course, you will look forward to your next trip.:)

Just change your plans and go this year... the glaciers are not going to get bigger.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Forums mobile app

Sad, but true. This year we have a new and different adventure ahead of us. We're cruising around the North Sea in Europe. Never been, and I'm excited and looking forward to it. Reading about others getting excited to go to Alaska just tickles me though, remembering our first cruise. Never thought I would be one to get hooked on cruising, but I'm having a blast.:D Alaska is a special destination. We'll be going again soon.