QV refit details - Chart Room is moving !

Host Hattie

thanks ray, no I hadn't seen those pictures, you know what its like surfing the net whilst on board... in addition there are renderings of the pool at the aft with big lounge settings around it and a completely different design around the pool edge and spas, there are shelters above them and they are a much more art deco and modern style than currently there. The wintergreen has a tree in it!...i know but originally they were going to have a fountain in it in 2007 and that never eventuated so lets see. The glass roof will have a recondition. The chart room pictures of where the cafe now are very nice.

some of the new suites at the rear will be divided and made into one bedroom suites which I thought look really nice as well.

I was pleasantly surprised and hope that if the renderings are what actually happens then the ship will look stunning...(if not viewed from the stern)

Yes, there is hope for our ship. I agree that once on board we will just have to forget about the ugly stern and enjoy the new features. Most importantly the crew will still be the same and they really are one of the things I love about this ship.

Hi, I am new to Cunard and considering a Q4 penthouse, am I correct in thinking that all of this category is being refitted,or it is certain rooms as aft q4 was mentioned and as far as i can see there are no aft q4 rooms?

Any help would be appreciated, thankyou.

Aft staterooms 8.174 8.176 8.178 8.181 8.179 will be Q4 Penthouse after refit looking at deck plans for June 2017

All Britannia staterooms on board Queen Victoria are being refurbished this May. Each will feature newly designed carpets and soft furnishings, new flat screen HD televisions and, by popular request, tea and coffee making facilities. All Queens Grill and Princess Grill suites will also receive interior enhancements during Queen Victoria’s refit to maximise space whilst ensuring unsurpassed levels of elegance and comfort.

see

http://www.cunard.co.uk/cruise-ships/queen-victoria1/refit-for-a-queen/

Edited by Pennbank

Thanks for your reply, i thought they were queens suites? It is penthouse q4 i am looking at, will all penthouses be refurbed or is it just certain ones. Numbers 7078,7093 have been suggested. Any help appreciated. Thanks

The new deck plan for after refit June is here

http://www.cunard.co.uk/Documents/2019-deck-plans/QV-deck-plans-2019.pdf

those were Q5 and Q6 but are shown changed to Q4 after refit I think going by the deck plan

Queens Grill and Princess Grill are shown as getting interior enhancements, while Britannia Staterooms are being refurbished.

If they are rebuilding 8.174 8.176 8.178 8.181 8.179 to Q4 then I would imagine they will be completely re done.

However when you access the booking engine as you say these staterooms are shown as Q5 and Q6 not Q4 (left hand Right hand springs to mind)

Edited by Pennbank