Palma - Celebrity cruises dock?

WonderMan3

I'll be visiting Palma de Mallorca this May during a cruise on Celebrity Constellation. Does anyone know where the Celebrity ships typically dock? Trying to figure out how far it might be from where the HOHO bus picks up. If it does not dock in the center of town is there a shuttle to take cruise passengers to the center?

I'll be visiting Palma de Mallorca this May during a cruise on Celebrity Constellation. Does anyone know where the Celebrity ships typically dock? Trying to figure out how far it might be from where the HOHO bus picks up. If it does not dock in the center of town is there a shuttle to take cruise passengers to the center?

Celebrity will dock at one of two Quays in Palma unless the the cruise line is providing its own shuttle into Palma there is none.

HoHo bus stops at one of the Quays and the No 1 Palma airport bus stops at the other which will take you in to Palma (detailed maps on Majorca DIY ).

Please read all my instructions on HoHo Bus and getting into Palma on my posts on Majorca DIY which should be close to this thread.

Whenever we have been in Palma Celebrity have always sailed from East Dock which is the farthest from the city centre. As it is a fair trek I am sure your ship will put on a shuttle service if your ship also berths there.

Whenever we have been in Palma Celebrity have always sailed from East Dock which is the farthest from the city centre. As it is a fair trek I am sure your ship will put on a shuttle service if your ship also berths there.

I have shown the Quay that is furthest from Palma, that is serviced by the No 1 Bus.

The other Quay is serviced by the Ho Ho Bus.

http://www.emtpalma.es/en/route/-/L/...rt-ciutat-port

Celebrity will dock at one of two Quays in Palma unless the the cruise line is providing its own shuttle into Palma there is none.

HoHo bus stops at one of the Quays and the No 1 Palma airport bus stops at the other which will take you in to Palma (detailed maps on Majorca DIY ).

Please read all my instructions on HoHo Bus and getting into Palma on my posts on Majorca DIY which should be close to this thread.

Thanks. We won't know which pier we're at until we get there. If we're at the farthest one then we'll probably just grab a cab and head to the center and pick up the HOHO bus at #1. If we're at the other pier then we could walk over and catch it at stop #14. A couple HOHO questions though:

1. Can you buy tickets for the bus when you get onboard at any stop or do you have to buy either at stop #1 or online in advance?

2. The bus starts at 10am according to their website and runs every 30-45 minutes with an 80 minute loop in its entirety. Is this based on stop #1? So say we want to pick up the bus at stop #14. Will we have to wait until after 11am or so for it to show up? Or do they start buses off at 10am at different points along the route? Don't want to be standing around for an hour potentially.

Thanks. We won't know which pier we're at until we get there. If we're at the farthest one then we'll probably just grab a cab and head to the center and pick up the HOHO bus at #1. If we're at the other pier then we could walk over and catch it at stop #14. A couple HOHO questions though:

1. Can you buy tickets for the bus when you get onboard at any stop or do you have to buy either at stop #1 or online in advance?

2. The bus starts at 10am according to their website and runs every 30-45 minutes with an 80 minute loop in its entirety. Is this based on stop #1? So say we want to pick up the bus at stop #14. Will we have to wait until after 11am or so for it to show up? Or do they start buses off at 10am at different points along the route? Don't want to be standing around for an hour potentially.

Yes you can buy tickets on the bus , I have seen them loading up the buses not sure if they do run to a timetable they seem to leave when they have enough people.

If the ship does dock at the Quay nearest to stop 14 and you do not want to wait you can walk over the bridge over the Av Gabriel Rocca it is 7 min direct walk to the Av de Joan Miro catch No 3 bus to the centre of Palma 15/20 min get off at C and A store at the av de Born you cannot miss it ( this is the main drag ) 5 min walk towards the sea and the HoHo Bus is on your left near the bottom of the road.

Edited by roger b
Missed Word