Princess transfer advice needed

the admiral12

I arrive on Caribbean Princess this Sunday with my family of 4 and my mother in a wheelchair. We have an 1130am flight out of fll on united. The ealiest group they will let leave in is 850am so i am thinking of paying for the transfers since they can leave at 750am.

I see other posts about having to wait for the bus to fill. Will the hour head start be worth it or will i lose ot and more with the slowness of the service? Also, if they are slow, can i just grab a cab and skip their bus ride?

OP - where did you get the information that the first non-Princess transfer group disembarkation is at 8:50? That seems awfully late. In general, I would recommend a taxi (van taxis are common and cost the same as a sedan and you are not charged per person like a Princess transfer) for the 15 minute ride to the airport. The Princess bus will wait until full to leave but that probably isn't an issue if you are on the first bus. Also, you will have already paid for the transfer whether you take it or not. I agree with Keith - post this on the Princess Board (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197) and ask recent Caribbean Princess passengers about disembarkation times.

This post is kind of confusing to me. But I think I get it:confused: You are considering taking/paying for Princess transfers because they leave earlier?

And you were told that you can't leave the ship until 8:50.? That is not correct info. You might have been assigned that disembarkation time when you were asked the time of your flight. BUT.. you can go to the front desk and be moved to an earlier time. Let them know you have your mother in a wheel chair and they will assign any disembarkation time you want.

There are accessible cabs but your wait may be longer. So be off the ship in one of the first couple groups.