Carnival Glory extensive review with tons of pictures

becky11111

I'll be working on the review again this week. I finally have a court date to evict our tenants in another unit. What an ordeal this rental property has been lately.

I will keep the review going and promise to finish it!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

First day...embarkation day.

After we depart Miami, it's dinner time!!!

Our group is dining together at the early seating. I was able to request our group get the aft window tables for awesome sunset views while we have dinner.

This was my first experience with the American Table dining experience. I didn't find it bad but I do prefer table cloths and the old dessert menu I used to love. They never did offer bitter n bland the whole cruise and it was my favorite.

I started with a shrimp cocktail, and Cesar salad. The dressing was heavy on the anchovy flavor. My DH loves them and asked for extra anchovies on his!!!

We did skip the Welcome aboard show as we had seen it before on other ships and opted for a relaxing evening on the lido deck. We watched a few movies and the. Went to bed.

The hot tub was pretty warm and relaxing. There were a few kids on there and no parents or other adults in there with them so they were a bit out of hand. I did have to yell at them a few times. Finally I said ok boys that is enough knock it off!!!!

They were jumping around, hitting us and kicking us under water, splashing. I really don't mind kids in the hot tubs without parents if they are well behaved. When they ruin other people's relaxation time then I have an issue.

Back in our cabin we didn't get a towel animal!!!! What!!!!???? Now my picture I wanted to take is ruined!!! Lol!!! I guess I'm like a kid when it comes to the towel animals.. they're really fun and I look forward to seeing what I get every night.

No worries my cabin steward Ida will make it up to us later on!!!

Tomorrow is a sea day and the weather is supposed to be perfect!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

ry%3D400

On our First Sea day we had breakfast at the Red Sail Buffet. It's all standard cruise breakfast items I have come to recognize very well.

I am not really a breakfast lover, but the DH is. He has the eggs over easy at the omelet station, some sausage and bacon and a yogurt. He seems to really like the ships yogurt!! He never eats it at home.

I has a bagel, cream cheese and some bacon and ham. On this ship they have the bacon and ham behind a bulletproof plated glass wall. YOu have to wait to be served it. Im sure because of all the waste and heaps of meat people put on their plate.

I was actually waiting there for someone to come along and serve me some meat when a pretty rude person tried to push by me saying..."excuse me other people want some food too!" Now, I would never do this to someone else!!! I politely said..." Sure you can have some after me as I am in line waiting for someone to give me some"

Some people should relax! A little politeness will will everyone's day better!!!

OK....

So, the picture above is Cuba. You actually sail very close to Cuba when you go from MIami to the Western Caribbean. It looks very beautiful!!

I didnt eat much breakfast so an hour later I was hungry. I had one these babies from the blue iguana cantina!! Its a little tortilla with beans chicken cheese and eggs ( I had one without the egg) I added a squeeze of lime and some salsa varieties. It was yummy!!! If you like tex mex food you will love the Blue Iguana Cantina burritos for breakfast. I have had them before and they are huge!!! You can choose whatever ingredients you want!!

For most of the rest of the day we were sunning ourselves like fat lizards!!! We snagged ourselves 2 deck chairs that were open still and even ate our lunch there!! BY 3 we were done and we had to shower and get ready for dinner.

They did have a hairy chest contest today too...

Tonight is the first elegant night. We always dress up really nice so we can have portraits taken. NOw the prices are very good when you compare them to going to a studio. $21.99 for 8x10 and we bought 2 11x17 canvas for less than $100 and it came with the 8x10 and some wallets included. When our daughters sail with us we get our family picture taken which still adorns the wall above my fireplace.

Dinner..... sorry I half ate it before i remembered to take a picture. The lobster was perfectly cooked. It was sweet and tender.

ry%3D400

For dessert Creme Brulee.. they used to put some fresh berries on top. They forgot to on mine or else they dont do it anymore.

ry%3D400

After dinner we went to the Amber Palace for the evening show. It was a 50's 60's kind of music show. It was very good!!! I had seen the same show a few years ago but I think the whole show was improved from the last time I saw it.

The next place we went was the comedy show, adult theme!!! hahaha he was really funny!!! TIP!!! Bring your own drink in from another bar as service was crazy slow. ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I have done a few reviews on a few ships on the past and I certainly love reading the extensive reviews on cruise critic.

I love cruising and it's my favorite vacation style.

This trip will be first hosted group. I have 22 people in my group. I have to say organizing and hosting really is a fun experience.

We're on the Carnival Glory from 3/25-4/1, 2017. The Glory was my very first cruise ever, so I thought it being my first group was pretty cool.

My husband Mike and I are on the kids without the kids this time. They get to go with us in 2018. We take them every other year.

I booked our group space over a year ago to get the best prices. We scored a really great mega upgrades and reduced deposit sale which took us from a 4b to a 4g lido deck cabin!!!! I check all of our prices often and we definitely got a great deal as the prices were never the same or lower again. Our group snatched up many of the lido deck cabins!!! Early bird definitely works in this case.

I created a chat group so our group could talk and all stay connected. My group is from Wisconsin all the way to NY!!! This chat really helped keep us all informed and connected. We even all ordered the same shirt from a custom cruise t shirt place online. They are great!!! So we plan on being best dressed on embarkation day!! Lol

I am a super obsssive cruise planner. I keep a notebook/journal and write down on each page our excursions and then at the end of the day I write a page of what we did that day. I started that about 13 years ago when I traveled to Italy with my Mom and Grandmother. I wanted to remember every detail years later. I'm so glad I did!!! My grandmother passed away from Ovarian cancer about 10 years ago. Reading what we did brings back memories I would otherwise have forgotten.

My diaries also help me scrapbook and write these reviews now too!

subscribing to your review! ill be going to western Caribbean on the glory on 11/4!

• 10 months later...

Wow! Where is the rest of this review? I was enjoying it & looking forward to the 700 picturs lol. Most of the other Glory refurb reviews are missing the orginal pictures & have som error picture in their place. Hope OP is okay.