Carnival Glory extensive review with tons of pictures

becky11111

Doing my research for our first Carnival cruise Dec. 1, 2018. We'll have our granddaughter along who will be 2 weeks away from being 4 yrs. old. Very interested in how she will handle cruising and the port visits. Anxious to follow your review.

Hope the cruise is going well. Our turn is on April 29 and will be our third time on this ship. Looking forward to your review.

I will be on the April 22 sailing wonder what kind

of entertainment will be on board.

Gary

Following!

Just a hint to all of you 'following' - not sure you are aware of the fact that you can 'subscribe' to a thread without actually responding/replying to it?

Upper right of thread - see 'thread tools' - pull down menu - and just hit 'subscribe'!! :D

Just a hint to all of you 'following' - not sure you are aware of the fact that you can 'subscribe' to a thread without actually responding/replying to it?

Upper right of thread - see 'thread tools' - pull down menu - and just hit 'subscribe'!! :D

I did not know that. Thanks.

I'm Back!!!

What a trip it was!!!! We all had such a good time and the cruiser was amazing but there were a few snags. One mix-up in an excursion and a few kind of scary events!!! Stay tuned for those...

I am not sure why the night before we travel I cant sleep. It's like a kid at Christmas. Instead of waiting for Santa, I lay awake anticipating the alarm clock!! Our flights were at 5:40 AM so we were up at 3. My mom and cousin were up at the same time but in New York. I did make a mistake and chose a window seat on the west side..so no sunrise pics. :(

So fast forward to MIami. Flights were great and we met my Mom in baggage claim. I then called our shuttle and waited like 45 minutes for them to show up. Then it took nearly an hour to get through traffic to the Hotel in South Beach!!! Something was happening downtown and the police had a street shut down. Lucky our driver...or maybe not so lucky as I freak at crazy drivers....our driver turned left from the middle lane, cut people off. He was a mad man driver!!! I almost kissed the ground when I got out of the van.

One thing I need to follow up on is the shuttle gratuities were pre paid and the sign in the van said tips are not included. My mom insisted on tipping him more. Plus the van was not the same as our other shuttles we had through them to the ship and back to airport. This leaves a weird feeling that we might have been farmed out to another company???

We are staying at the South Beach Riu Hotel. This place was just O>K>

Would I stay here again.? No.

Our room was suppose to be ocean front and we had half oceanviews as we were set back from the beach. there are other rooms that were closer to the beach with full oceanviews. I feel like we had oceanview room and not the oceanfront room we paid for.

Our room also smelled like someone pee'd in it somewhere. I did ask them to take care of it first thing in the morning. They said it would be fixed i 15 minutes. 3 hours later nothing had happened. So, I complained again. then they must have come in and sprayed the curtains. The floor was covered in an oily slippery mess right by the curtains. Now the room smelled like awful room spray and pee. I complained again and I think they mopped the floor. The smell was reduced but not completely gone.

I'll try to get some pics uploaded.

I'm Back!!!

What a trip it was!!!! We all had such a good time and the cruiser was amazing but there were a few snags. One mix-up in an excursion and a few kind of scary events!!! Stay tuned for those...

I am not sure why the night before we travel I cant sleep. It's like a kid at Christmas. Instead of waiting for Santa, I lay awake anticipating the alarm clock!! Our flights were at 5:40 AM so we were up at 3. My mom and cousin were up at the same time but in New York. I did make a mistake and chose a window seat on the west side..so no sunrise pics. :(

So fast forward to MIami. Flights were great and we met my Mom in baggage claim. I then called our shuttle and waited like 45 minutes for them to show up. Then it took nearly an hour to get through traffic to the Hotel in South Beach!!! Something was happening downtown and the police had a street shut down. Lucky our driver...or maybe not so lucky as I freak at crazy drivers....our driver turned left from the middle lane, cut people off. He was a mad man driver!!! I almost kissed the ground when I got out of the van.

One thing I need to follow up on is the shuttle gratuities were pre paid and the sign in the van said tips are not included. My mom insisted on tipping him more. Plus the van was not the same as our other shuttles we had through them to the ship and back to airport. This leaves a weird feeling that we might have been farmed out to another company???

We are staying at the South Beach Riu Hotel. This place was just O>K>

Would I stay here again.? No.

Our room was suppose to be ocean front and we had half oceanviews as we were set back from the beach. there are other rooms that were closer to the beach with full oceanviews. I feel like we had oceanview room and not the oceanfront room we paid for.

Our room also smelled like someone pee'd in it somewhere. I did ask them to take care of it first thing in the morning. They said it would be fixed i 15 minutes. 3 hours later nothing had happened. So, I complained again. then they must have come in and sprayed the curtains. The floor was covered in an oily slippery mess right by the curtains. Now the room smelled like awful room spray and pee. I complained again and I think they mopped the floor. The smell was reduced but not completely gone.

I'll try to get some pics uploaded.

I've been waiting forever (it feels like). Lol. I am glad you are back. Let me get my reading glasses ready.