Galveston VIP Check In

rae.holmes

Hey yall,

I searched the forum for this topic, but the only I could find was from 2012. Wanting to know if there any updated information regarding the VIP process in Galveston.

This will be my mothers first time as a platinum, and she's interested/concerned about the process. She has a hard time with any kind of security process, I literally have to take all her stuff from her when we go through security at the airport otherwise I have a frantic emotional mother to deal with! lol

Also any information about the lounge will be appreciated.

Immediately upon entrance to the cruise terminal there is a special VIP pathway "to the fun".

You take the escalator to second floor and people will direct you to the metal detectors (just like at airport). Be sure to tell them that you have your (allowable) bottle of wine (each) in carry on and away you go. Next stop is VIP room where you sit and wait to be called to desk. They have cookies and flavored water (sometimes) and will call up to check you in. Show your passport and they will hand you your S&S card (which is already in the VIP room). Boom- done. On to the ship.

Congrats on VIP- those special lines are addicting! Have FUN!!

Nancy's post above gives you most of the details. Here's one addition. Don't stand in line to enter the terminal. When you arrive there is most likely going to be a line of people waiting to enter. Walk to their left and then find the Priority entrance in the terminal. A very nice hostess will meet you, verify your documents and send you upstairs. Once there you will be sent to the Priority Check In.

Galveston has this down smooth.

Immediately upon entrance to the cruise terminal there is a special VIP pathway "to the fun".

You take the escalator to second floor and people will direct you to the metal detectors (just like at airport). Be sure to tell them that you have your (allowable) bottle of wine (each) in carry on and away you go. Next stop is VIP room where you sit and wait to be called to desk. They have cookies and flavored water (sometimes) and will call up to check you in. Show your passport and they will hand you your S&S card (which is already in the VIP room). Boom- done. On to the ship.

Congrats on VIP- those special lines are addicting! Have FUN!!

When did this start in Galveston? When we cruised in November we still check in at the counter and then went to the lounge. It has been like you described above in Miami for some time now.

We sailed on the Liberty out of Galveston in May 2016, and the Priority/Platinum signs lead us to a designated line at the counter, no waiting room or beverages. FYI, my brother, who had purchased FTTF and was sent to a different line, boarded before us.

I remember check in differently also and I found the lounge far away from where we boarded. We had quite a walk when they called us out of the lounge to board.

You're right about the past. We waited in the lounge across the terminal and when called for boarding the pathway was full of people waiting for their group.

We'd get our cards and go right to the boarding area. Forget waiting in the lounge. It's better now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When you arrive at the terminal, ask for the priority line to go through security. You will then head up the escalator (there is no VIP escalator anymore). Upstairs head to the left to VIP check in. Ask a staff member if you can't find it. You will not to go the VIP lounge to check in. You will check in at a designated counter for VIP. If boarding hasn't started you go to the lounge to wait. If boarding has started you go straight to the ship.

When you arrive at the terminal, ask for the priority line to go through security. You will then head up the escalator (there is no VIP escalator anymore). Upstairs head to the left to VIP check in. Ask a staff member if you can't find it. You will not to go the VIP lounge to check in. You will check in at a designated counter for VIP. If boarding hasn't started you go to the lounge to wait. If boarding has started you go straight to the ship.

This has been my experience in Galveston.