Will I have trouble making a 12:55pm flight out of Barcelona?

conquesodor

Hello CCers!

I will be arriving in Barcelona on Thursday, May 11th, onboard Celebrity Constellation. Ship is staying overnight and we'll be disembarking the morning of the 12th to go to airport for a 12:55pm flight home to USA. I've read about the taxi service at the port, which is usually a 20 minute drive, but I'd love to hear from some experienced cruisers who have flown out of Barcelona, especially if you were on Celebrity. What's a realistic time that we can expect to be off the ship? Will a 12:55pm flight be easy or difficult to catch? I assume we'd want to be at the airport by 10:55pm at the latest?

Thanks!

Since the ship is arriving the night before there should be few, if any delays in debarkation, so making a relatively early flight should be no problem whatsoever.

The 11 AM flight mentioned would be a bit more dicey if the ship were arriving that morning, but even then, I think it would be doable with a really early docking time. Potentially heart-pounding, but doable.

Hello CCers!

I will be arriving in Barcelona on Thursday, May 11th, onboard Celebrity Constellation. Ship is staying overnight and we'll be disembarking the morning of the 12th to go to airport for a 12:55pm flight home to USA. I've read about the taxi service at the port, which is usually a 20 minute drive, but I'd love to hear from some experienced cruisers who have flown out of Barcelona, especially if you were on Celebrity. What's a realistic time that we can expect to be off the ship? Will a 12:55pm flight be easy or difficult to catch? I assume we'd want to be at the airport by 10:55pm at the latest?

Thanks!

You should be fine with a 12:55 flight. If you will be there from the day the ship should be cleared and you can get off at whatever time you need to.

.... ahem, I see nobody mentions "traffic", huh?

Traffic in Barcelona is a bit unpredictable and while most of the time, on a weekday at 10sh, traffic in Ronda Litoral -which is the one you'll take to get to the airport- *should* be fine and it shouldn't take more than 30' to the airport, one needs to take into account two factors: it's the way to the industrial port in the outskirts of the city (=heavy trucks) and also it's a fast road in and out of the city (=it does get congested at certain hours)

So.... while in principle I would agree with the above assessments, yet me, a born and bred Barcelonian wouldn't affirm it's absolutely doable so boldly :)

Edited by EnricM

Thanks for the additional feedback! In my experience, with any large city, there's always a chance you could hit traffic - even at off-peak times. It sounds like the 12:55pm flight shouldn't be an issue, even if that was the case.

We've done the Medit. 3 times on RCL and had 10:30am flights on United each time. Had shuttle via RCL and made the flight without any problems. You should have even lesser problems if you take a taxi as we had to wait until further Pax boarded the shuttle/bus.

We've done the Medit. 3 times on RCL and had 10:30am flights on United each time. Had shuttle via RCL and made the flight without any problems. You should have even lesser problems if you take a taxi as we had to wait until further Pax boarded the shuttle/bus.

Thanks, nelblu!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app